New Icons

Cap'n Refsmmat

While I like the new style, I have to say that the new images for Post Thread and whatnot are a bit too light and childish.

I would prefer if they were a bit darker and more like the ones alt_f13 made previously, although I like the roundness. Perhaps like the default phpBB images, except bluish.

Any other comments?

yeah, id agree - i liked the old padlock for a locked thread, although the roundness looks better.

how about the old symbles and colour but in a rounded box?

While I like the new style, I have to say that the new images for Post Thread and whatnot are a bit too light and childish.
Considering half the people posting don't seem to be able to use the Quote button properly, perhaps making them simpler is a plus.

Personally, I prefer the dark letters on a light background. For me it's much easier on the eyes.

Also remember that these buttons are mostly for new members who aren't as well-versed on our system, or may use English as a second language. You old hands really don't need them to be easy to read, but newbies benefit greatly from a less complicated graphic. These buttons are directions. Why make them hard to follow?

How do you use the quote button?

actually, the new buttons (including the lighter colour) are already growing on me, and they do stand out so that their easyer to find/use.

[edit] nice 'this forum has/does not have new posts button[/edit]