Google Desktop search

Primarygun

Google searchy thingy is designed to search through your whole computer, or so I have read.

What do you mean about copying threads?

In IE6 you see next to where it says the URL (htt://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php etc etc) there's a little page of paper with the E logo on it, click on that and holding the mouse button down drag. Now if you minimise all windows (by pressing start button + d) (all whilst holding down the left click) you will see your desktop where you can let go of the mouse button, you will have dragged that IE logo next to the URL onto your desktop, it now acts as a link.

Just tried it, you can do exactly the same in FF.

Well you can click (in IE) add to favourites and select make available offline.

OR

File > Save as

and then save the webpage where ever you want... although I just tried this and when I opened the .html file there were some problems with the images, part of the border was missing or overridden and some avatars don't work, but you get the essential stuff.

Yup, just make a folder and do a save-as. It'll make an HTML file and a little subfolder containing the graphical elements. You can then tuck the folder away somewhere and ignore it, and Google Desktop Search will catalog the contents of those folders and make them available for searches.

One cool thing about GDS is that when you go to the Google WEB site and run a search it will also show you results on that web page from files on your computer. Pretty nifty.