Woodworking: Amateurs, Craftsmen, & In-Between

iNow

Freshly carved from a log I found might be elm. Used air di-grinder , (as you can also use router bits with one, has sufficient RMP and correct size shaft. A dremel for fine detail. For fast removal used an oscillator tool. Chisels of course where needed 

20241013_170953.jpg

20241013_171001.jpg

20241013_171213.jpg

Last image is on a cedar box I built earlier this year.

This is my second carving attempt last one already sold. 

Edited by Mordred

Thanks it worked out rather well, used premium cedar as it's typically less warped I've had to build a few of them the mats cost 150.00 Canadian so I've sold 2 for 300.00 each. People seem to love them for outdoor storage boxes. The ones I see I usually recommend outdoor timber oil

https://www.rona.ca/en/product/cabot-australian-timber-oil-378-l-neutral-translucent-wood-stain-87005064?viewStore=66190&cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=19597975671&cq_con=&cq_term=&cq_med=pla&cq_plac=&cq_net=x&cq_pos=&cq_plt=gp&&cm_mmc=paid_search-_-google-_-aw_pmax_generic_Paint-_-&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw3624BhBAEiwAkxgTOs2auPSZxKCSuMkYb0MVlVlfdF-bGlxnNFlFRBe9F_XEPshPG80-vRoCQTgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Apologies for advert. Couldn't find a link with just the product.

Edited by Mordred

My earliest wishing well posted earlier uses it and it's still in good shape. If that's any indication on it UV and water protection. You can get it in spray can form for projects with tons of nooks and crannies. (First wishing well post ) though my outdoor stuff gets the timber oil though different stains.

Edited by Mordred