The weight of Time in physics

I might be beating a dead horse here, but hear me out. For fun!

I see a huge dependence on the value of time in all scientific experiments and calculations (please ignore all non-physics applications). As is, I see no fault with that, as a system of measurement, it is highly relative, but invaluable nonetheless.

Still, I believe that many educated individuals truly believe that it is truly a force unto itself. I see it as the measurement of the movement of matter, like a yardstick or ruler in the presence of the three dimensions. It has no energy, is not the catalyst for reaction, and literally doesn't exist but in the minds of men and most mice. Mind you, I am no skeptic. I use this invaluable tool of measurement as much as the rest of you.

My real question is, what sort of detrimental results in scientific calculation can we attribute to this 'idea'?

I would speculate that no matter the composition, the deeper areas of a black hole, if those areas exist in a remotely tangible/intangible way, would be void of time. Which could be some of the reason we do not understand them.

Additionally, one of the semi-recent, widely-published reports from one of the leading scientific institutions, included a reversal of time in an interaction of z or w-bosuns(?).

Fun free-field logic problem! Don't go too deep into relativity tho!

28 minutes ago, infinitemultiverse said:

Still, I believe that many educated individuals truly believe that it is truly a force unto itself.

Citation needed.

I see it as the measurement of the movement of matter, like a yardstick or ruler in the presence of the three dimensions.

Time is not dependent on the movement of matter. Although we have often used the (periodic) movement of matter to measure time. That is no longer true for the most accurate clocks.

and literally doesn't exist but in the minds of men and most mice.

If time only exists in the minds of men and mice (why mice?) then how did the universe evolve to its current state before men an mice existed? And how did men and mice evolve if there was no time before they had minds?

Additionally, one of the semi-recent, widely-published reports from one of the leading scientific institutions, included a reversal of time in an interaction of z or w-bosuns(?).

Citation needed.

I might be beating a dead horse here, but hear me out. For fun!

This, and similar topics, come up here from time to time. It usually comes down to random opinions like yours versus evidence, and is all a bit pointless. And not in the least bit fun.

Edited by Strange

31 minutes ago, Strange said:

Citation needed.

Time is not dependent on the movement of matter. Although we have often used the (periodic) movement of matter to measure time. That is no longer true for the most accurate clocks.

The only thing I would cite if I could would be this part. Unfortunately, I cannot find any proof that the measurement of time is not 100% contingent on the movement of matter. That doesn't make it true, but since you are so keen on citation, how has this been proven as false?
I would like to include energy, in all of its forms, instead of just matter.
Bouncing into relativity, from a purely scientific perspective, everything but the first 3D are completely dependent on the movement of matter. I can cite many of the big bang and modern physics theories that support this.

48 minutes ago, infinitemultiverse said:

I would speculate that

!

Moderator Note

Moved to Speculations. Please read the special rules for this section. Support for you ideas needs to come from more than just your saying it. The rules require you to provide some supportive evidence when someone calls for you to back up a claim.