Higher Dimensions and the Formation of Space-time Through Strings

ChrisSTEM

Higher Dimensions and the Formation of Space-Time Through Strings

By Christopher Rodriguez

Abstract

Albert Einstein's Theory of general Relativity and the well established string theory have played major roles throughout the field of physics. Yet, as well as they work independently, when combined, they just don’t work out. Well, this paper aims towards solving that and discovering the true beginning of the universe.

These findings show that general relativity and string theory can work together and maybe, just maybe, it could help solve the beginning of the universe.

Introduction

Probably one of the most frequently asked questions in physics, astrophysics, and cosmology is “How did the universe begin?” And yet, we still don’t know. And while it may seem odd, I think the answer lies in higher dimensions, general relativity, and string theory all combined.

The one tedious aspect of my hypothesis is that it can’t be proven by me. Unfortunately, I do not have the required mathematics skills for that job.

Although my hypothesis can’t be proven by me, I believe that this is a rather fine work of art that I have put together, and one day, I hope for it to be proven right.

Methods

I must give credit to Wikipedia and their  topic on six dimensions, Stephen Hawking’s The Beginning of Time,  the youtuber Kurzegat-In a nutshell, and of course, Einstein's book on Relativity. Those helped stretch out my ideas into a full-fledged hypothesis.

This hypothesis does not currently need any laboratory experiments, as this hypothesis is theoretical. But you can do all of these thought experiments at home.

Before we go any further, we must ask ourselves, “What is a dimension?” And this answer is quite simple. A dimension is a coordinate defining how many areas the object has. For example, 1 dimension is a straight line; two coordinates and one area(length). 2 dimensions is a flat shape; 4 coordinates and 2 areas(length and width), and so on. But how many dimensions do we live in? Some people say 3. Minkowski says 4. Me, I say 6. Here’s why.

If we are counting all dimensions as 1, then yes, we would be living in 4 dimensions. But not all dimensions are 1. In our universe, there is 1, 2, 3, and 4 dimensions all in our universe. Think about it. Time would be our first dimension; it is a straight line. Space would be our second dimension; it is flat. Matter would be our third dimension, since we are 3rd dimensional beings. And finally, our fourth dimension would be strings. Yes, that's right, I called a string a four dimensional thing. It makes sense once you think about it. According to other scientists, strings need 10 dimensions. And my simple math states: 1(time) + 2(space) + 3(matter) + 4(Strings) = 10d. Exactly how many dimensions strings need.

And we only live in six of them. Why? Because we don’t live in strings. Strings are just part of our universe, but we don’t necessarily live in them. So 1(time) + 2(space) + 3(matter) = 6d. It might seem weird at first, but we have to consider that not all dimensions equal 1.

Now we get to the other half of the hypothesis. Let's take a trip way back the beginning of the universe when there was no such thing as time, just strings and empty space. So how did space-time form? There could only be one possible answer. But first, we need to go back to our dimensions. We didn’t do all the math. Let’s break the math down into even simpler forms. Let’s take space, and time, and create matter. Think about this. 1(time) + 2(space) = 3(matter). This makes sense, as there are constantly particles in the universe being created. So now let's go back to the beginning of the universe. We said there was space, but just empty space, and not the fabric of space. This is important to take note of. So, if strings existed in the beginning, the strings would vibrate space and time itself. And according to my previous mathematics, Space and time make matter, so when space and time collided, they created matter, and thus, the big bang.

Results

So, here’s the results wrapped up. There are ten dimensions, and we live in six of them. The math 1(time) + 2(space) = 3d shows that time and space gives us matter, 1(time) + 2(space) + 3(matter) = 6d shows that we live in six dimensions, and 1(time) + 2(space) + 3(matter) + 4(strings) = 10d shows that including strings, there are 10 dimensions in total.

At the beginning of the universe, strings vibrated space and time, which when collided, created matter, thus giving us the big bang.

Conclusion

I have to give huge credit to Albert Einstein and Stanley Mandelstam, Mandelstam, Michael Green, John Schwarz and Lars Brink, Michio Kaku and Keiji Kikkawa. They have uplifted physics in a way that allows humans to think differently about the universe. I hope to become one of those greats, staring with this hypothesis. This could possibly explain where the big bang came from, a huge gap in the fields of physics. But, this hypothesis could be completely wrong. And if it is, that’s okay. I hope whomever may prove it wrong can find a way to change it and make it right, (while also giving me credit for the original thought). But right now, we don’t know the answer. And that’s not just with this hypothesis, but with so many things. We don’t know the answer, and that’s what’s fun about science, the problem solving of the whole universe! We as humans are so smart but so ignorant that we have the opportunity to solve all these problems and when we do, we gain so much and it’s amazing to see how humans evolve. So in conclusion, The universe is a grand puzzle that we are just beginning to piece together.

Edited by Strange
Removed annoying bold font

!

Moderator Note

Moved to Speculations. Please make sure you read the rules for this forum, in particular: "Speculations must be backed up by evidence or some sort of proof." 

13 minutes ago, ChrisSTEM said:

The one tedious aspect of my hypothesis is that it can’t be proven by me. Unfortunately, I do not have the required mathematics skills for that job.

!

Moderator Note

As you admit you cannot present any evidence for this idea, is there any reason to keep this thread open?

29 minutes ago, ChrisSTEM said:

And finally, our fourth dimension would be strings. Yes, that's right, I called a string a four dimensional thing.

Ok.

It makes sense once you think about it.

No, unfortunately it does not make sense when I think about it, since:

According to other scientists, strings need 10 dimensions.

So scientists say that strings are 10-dimensional*. You say strings are 4-dimensional. It does not make sense.

(There are other issues to be addressed but this was the first one I happened to spot)

*)in superstring theory

Edited by Ghideon

In physics and mathematics a dimension is any independent variable. A coordinate axis qualifies as one can change a coordinate location such as x without affecting coordinate y. A string isn't some object but a convenient descriptive of waves.

edit: I decided a little better clarity on string theory itself will be informative. The waves that string theory describes is specifically dealing with point-like particles of the standard model of particles. Spacetime itself if you use Virasoro algebra to describe the Lorentz group can have 26 dimensions. However dimensions as noted above is a math term described above. Here is the wiki link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virasoro_algebra

Edited by Mordred

Your welcome a rule of thumb is never listen to pop media based articles. They will invariably confuse you as to the true nature of a theory. The language of physics is mathematics. The best way to understand any physics theory or model is to study mathematics. In particular Calculus, Differential and linear geometry.

So for example in your opening post time is one dimension particularly if its assigned as a coordinate axis such as in GR. Space is a volume so typically 3 dimensions. Matter however is tricky. The common technique is to describe how matter interacts, charge is one example so the dimensions will correspond to a term called the effective degrees of freedom. However in field theory these degrees of freedom will correspond to the number of possible quantum numbers a particle can have.

For example a qluon can have a spin, for one degree of freedom, a color degree of freedom, and 8 degrees of freedom under the SU(3) symmetry group. Each degree of freedom is an independent variable. ie a dimension. Now lets look at another common term. Compact dimensions, mathematically when you compactify you have some variable that has an infinite range, well any infinite quantity has a finite portion. When you compactify a variable your specifying a limit to a infinite quantity and restricting this to a finite portion to avoid the singularity conditions associated with infinite quantities.

Hope this helps with your studies its more for an FYI to yourself and other readers that commonly get confused by the terminology associated with dimensions.

Edit: probably one of the easiest ways to understand degrees of freedom is the number of independent ways any object (physical) or mathematical which includes any number, set , matrix, tensor, scalar, and vector etc ( An object in  mathematics can be construed as any representation ) can move or vary without affecting any other object. With the above you should see the connection to the term dimension.

Edited by Mordred