The Flat Tax Returns

Pangloss

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well unlike most of you guys, im not much of a researcher :D I could never hope to match pangloss on statistics, but i was never really trying to argue it with statistics. I dont expect everyone or even anyone to agree with me, only sharing my pov. It may seem bitter, but i grew up in poverty, and have spent most of my adult life in poverty despite my best efforts , until recently, to find the mythic " good job" . So i dont expect any of you to take my word for it, just sharing a pov from that underclass we were speaking of

Well unlike most of you guys, im not much of a researcher :D I could never hope to match pangloss on statistics, but i was never really trying to argue it with statistics. I dont expect everyone or even anyone to agree with me, only sharing my pov. It may seem bitter, but i grew up in poverty, and have spent most of my adult life in poverty despite my best efforts , until recently, to find the mythic " good job" . So i dont expect any of you to take my word for it, just sharing a pov from that underclass we were speaking of

I believe you. I have a four year degree and made the transition form the manufacturing sector to IT. Bad move financially, but I have a decent job with decent hours, which is more important to me than high pay. That being said, I can look down the road and realize that I will have to get myself in position to earn more, because my wage increase will not keep up with price increases(insurance, taxes, gas, etc.) I thought about going for an MBA a few years back, but it doesn't appear to do much for you, unless you are already a manager or it is from the Top 20.

In the past, just having a four year degree in a reasonable field was almost a guarantee of a comfortable living. Now, you may need to change careers several times in your life. As you age, this gets more difficult. I have an uneasy feeling that I could find myself in desperation very easily. And I have money saved, etc.

When the housing boom goes bust, it ain't going to be pretty. Then, we will see how bad this "good" economy is for workers.

Nothing wrong with that, and I'm glad you shared your opinion with us. I wish you the best of luck with your career, and I hope you stick around with us on the forums as well. :)

Thanks, and the same to you as well :)

I suppose I should be spending all my efforts toward development of the next Google, but I am kind of addicted to SFN!