Is the Star Trek franchise becoming irrelivant?

blike

Star Trek has been on a downward spiral ever since TNG imho. Voyager and Enterprise feature too many reworked Next Generation (and even Stargate SG1!) storylines and episodes. Enterprise is truly appalling.

Not seen Nemesis yet but Insurrection didn't really do much for me (First Contact was fun though).

It's run its course now I think. Either they need to do something truly radically different in the same universe (not *another* series focusing on the command crew) or just completely move on.

I personally thought Voyager was the best of the lot. Enterprise isn't too bad either imo. First Contact was definately the best film they've done. Didn't bother to see Nemesis though because it just looked crap.

That's too bad. I liked Star Trek as well, or at least, the really old one with Kirk & Scotty :D & I also watched TNG.

Nemesis was fairly good IMO.

HOw was first contact & those other TNG movies prior to Nemesis?

I have yet to watch them

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - I've seen ST:Nemesis now. It's really quite awful (not as bad as Insurrection though)!!!

Sorry to anyone who has seen it and enjoyed it - there were just too many plot holes (or should I say gaping chasms) for my liking. Seeing how ST prides itself on it's use of science and attention to detail, they were very sloppy with both throughout the film. There were even blatant moments where The Matrix, Star Wars and FotR were ripped off. Sheesh!

The overall concept for the story was good and there was some nice CGI but otherwise it was very disappointing.

:-(

rant over ;)

The best part of Nemesis is the moment where the Enterprise rams the Scimitar. Mwaaa.

Then they decide to ignore all of physics and the Scimitar pulls away while the Enterprise stays where it is, which was beyond unrealistic and completely ruined the moment.

Just like in Pirates of the Carribean when the drama of the ending was punctured by the hero being told he was to be "hung by the neck".

Yeah, I thought that - a great sequence spoiled by pathetic attention to detail.

And aren't they (the Remans) able to replicate blood (considering they managed to put together this amazing kick-ass ship from the botton of a slave mine, they've got to be fairly innovative) - thereby removing Shinzon's physical dependance upon Picard?

I won't mention here all of the inconsistencies in the film - I'd be typing until tomorrow morning ;)

Very silly stuff.