Matter, Dark Matter and Dark Energy

Well, it turns out I have found out the answer to my own question thru the old fashioned way...reading a book.

Only 5 percent of the known Universe is made up of Matter.

The rest is a mysterious stuff called Dark Matter. We really don't know much about it. In fact some have argued that the Universe is "invisible". We can't bottle the stuff or take with us to lab, but its there.

On top of that, there is another little thing called Dark Energy. Anti-Gravitional by its very nature it is causing the Universe to expand forever.

Originally posted by MaxCathedral

Well, it turns out I have found out the answer to my own question thru the old fashioned way...reading a book.

That's not allowed. You have to make the same mistakes over and over again and ignore anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

It's not complete though. Whilst individual sections may be busy, and publishing goes on, the theory doesn't matter until it's accepted by peer review and taken into canon, as it were.

Complete? No not at all...

What do you mean "until" it's accepted by peer review.

The entire physics community backs string theory more than not. The majority is definetely for it and this is evident in my contacts.

This is why it's being developed so fast.