Developing a general purpose chatbot like jarvis

I want to make this a life long journey into making a general purpose artificial intelligence (AGI) using my knowledge and ability. I would like to track my journey on here to keep me motivated. Thank you for your time.

What metrics will you measure to confirm AGI has been achieved? Are you already leveraging any of the countless many free Jarvis style agents out there, the ones with hundreds of billions of investor dollars funding them?

4 hours ago, iNow said:

What metrics will you measure to confirm AGI has been achieved? Are you already leveraging any of the countless many free Jarvis style agents out there, the ones with hundreds of billions of investor dollars funding them?

That...is a very good question! Not sure yet. Thank you for bringing that up. I was going to compare my own reasoning to its reasoning and then compare and contrast.

6 hours ago, ALine said:

I was going to compare my own reasoning to its reasoning

I’m unclear what you’re planning to compare, and what “its” refers to here. Will you please clarify?

13 minutes ago, iNow said:

I’m unclear what you’re planning to compare, and what “its” refers to here. Will you please clarify?

I was going to compare how I think to how it thinks.

7 hours ago, MigL said:

Do you remember what happened to 'Jarvis' ?

ULTRON ...

( or were you serious ? )

yeah, I am wanting ta build sort of a builder assistant while also learning as much theory as a kind to build it.

On 5/15/2024 at 9:20 PM, ALine said:

artificial intelligence (AGI)

Assumption from another thread that you aim for computational models running on currently available computer hardware;

23 hours ago, ALine said:

I was going to compare how I think to how it thinks.

Any thoughts on how to get the resources needed to develop and run?

Current state of the art machine learning requires quite a lot. Some old numbers from 2020; note that this supercomputer has not resulted in anything resembling AGI as far as I can tell:

The supercomputer developed for OpenAI is a single system with more than 285,000 CPU cores, 10,000 GPUs and 400 gigabits per second of network connectivity for each GPU server.

Reference https://news.microsoft.com/source/features/ai/openai-azure-supercomputer/#:~:text=The supercomputer developed for OpenAI,the top five%2C Microsoft says.

That said, running a simple generative AI based software that generates text can be done on a consumer computer. It has nothing to do with developing intelligence but is useful in some contexts.

On 5/17/2024 at 4:53 PM, Ghideon said:

That said, running a simple generative AI based software that generates text can be done on a consumer computer. It has nothing to do with developing intelligence but is useful in some contexts.

Thank you for the advice.

Posted (edited)

@Ghideon A supercomputer ("cloud") for OpenAI/ChatGPT, etc. is needed to handle hundreds of thousands or millions of people talking with it simultaneously..

Edited by Sensei

9 hours ago, iNow said:

Someone is having a good time with the neg button. Maybe it’s Wanda and the Vision

!

Moderator Note

And that person, who isn't part of this discussion, needs to stop it or they get their privileges taken away.