Who do I vote for to aid singles suffering involuntary celibacy

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

Are these copy/paste responses to other replies? I don't see how your reply to my post makes any sense. What happened recently? What's been happening since the first generation? What first generation are you referring to? Why are you bringing a 12 step rant into this response to my question: what would you propose this legislation do to force women to acknowledge your amazingness?

3 hours ago, zapatos said:

What doesn't get a lot of traction?

Holding out what? By whom? What does living long have to do with it?

Where? What do you mean? Why do you say that?

That's interesting.

I haven't emitted a thing about what the physics I offer on here, if that's what your little band is cohesing. 

1 minute ago, TheVat said:

Indeed, it seemed like he fell back on a devil of the gaps theory to explain some of the lesser understood aspects of heterosexual attraction.  Certainly showing less rigor there than, say, his interpretation of Tito Puente's theory of how rhythms are perceived as enjoyable in Oye Como Va, which seems to have held up under decades of peer review.  Probably to be expected given that cognitive science has gone farther towards understanding music (due to its basis in mathematical relationships between pitches and intervals) than human sexual dynamics.

😏

Is that a David Carradine monologue I missed in Kill Bill? 

19 minutes ago, ImplicitDemands said:

That's interesting.

I haven't emitted a thing about what the physics I offer on here, if that's what your little band is cohesing. 

Your posts are making less and less sense with respect to what others here are posting. Do you think it's time you checked in with a friend? Might give you a chance to reset after all we've been discussing here. Please do.

It’s okay to struggle with mental health. Find help. There is no shame in trying to become healthier or allowing others to assist you in lightening the burden. Doing so will likely improve the central topic you’ve introduced in this thread in parallel.

3 minutes ago, iNow said:

lightening the burden

Like I said, my lifts are down right now. These past four days have been..weird. 

I'm not going back on my daily penance, I'm just trying to get back on a normal sleep routine. 

2 hours ago, iNow said:

Your lifts have nothing to do with this exchange we’re having here

On the contrary, through increasing weight repped I shall gain the world. Since that seems to be the only criteria in any real job. Why not make body building the only possible career goal? Seriously I'm not whining! It would actually make things a lot simpler for me. I bodybuild, I maintain cohesive communication and good faith, I keep the house its the same exact thing

Just to share my personal experience. I never was a 'womanizer', and not great at courting. For me, women were from Venus, and I from Ceres (definitely not from Mars...). I suffered from not having a romantic and erotic relationship with a woman. But halfway my student days, I got my first 'half-relationships', but suffered again when they broke up. Then I met the woman who is still my wife. From the moment that I got my feeling (and her's) that 'this is it', I suddenly got more involved with other women, even had a few extra-marital affairs (and was open about it to my wife, and she could accept it). Now we are already married for 30 years.

My interpretation: since my fixed relationship, I could be much more relaxed in relations to others in general, and specifically to women. The pressure and the need were gone. But I see all this pressure (and aggressiveness) and need in what you write here. And that does not make you attractive at all. In those days, it was my fault, and so it is yours. My advice (which you already got from many here): let go the feeling of need, do not put pressure on others in your relationships. Do not whine, do not be aggressive, and do not be picky. And if you notice you can't, yes, search for help, e.g. psychotherapy. And let go the idea that you must be bodily attractive to attract women. Being pleasant company to others, men and women alike, is the most important. 

Having implicit demands does not work, people (e.g women ;-) ) feel it, and it shies them away.

@ImplicitDemandsYou've had some solid advice given here that I don't think you will anywhere on any other other random forum. None of us are spring chickens (young) and have been around many of the issues in getting through life. My avatar is from my mid-late forties iirc and I'm 62 now. 

My opinion ...

ImplicitDemands seems to have mixed feelings of superiority, and inferiority, at the same time along with other mental issues, and he should consult a professional about his confusion.

Orgitude seems to be under the impression that sex and romance are a human right.
They are NOT; they are a privilege.
Only rapists think they are a right.

And Eise 

10 hours ago, Eise said:

had a few extra-marital affairs

Shame on you 🙂 ; must be a European thing.
I was a shy teenager, but developed a 'personality' in University and was a single 'womanizer' well into my 40s ( by 'womanizer' I mean women had as good a time with me, as I did with them ). I'm still single, and sometimes party with women in their 30s, or late 20s even, but at 65, its difficult to be a womanizer without being accused of being a 'dirty old man'.

All women ( or potential partners ) have different likes and interests.
If you remember that it's not always about you, and listen to them a little, you'll find out what they like.
Some like romance.
Some like a little 'rougher' treatment.
And some are happy that you just listened to them.
But all are happy when treated with a little respect and appreciated for being thinking persons, and not just a 'bag of meat' for your sexual satisfaction.
It's as simple as 'you give them what they want and they'll give you what you want'.
Are you listening, ImplicitDemands ?

A few more squats never hurt anybody.
I could use some myself.

Unfortunately, bad knees ( one with pins and wires in it ) make leg presses, where you can alter foot position without falling over, are more suitable.

12 hours ago, MigL said:

must be a European thing.

I must assume you are kidding. ;)

12 hours ago, MigL said:

But all are happy when treated with a little respect and appreciated for being thinking persons

I would add 'feeling'.

12 hours ago, MigL said:

ImplicitDemands seems to have mixed feelings of superiority, and inferiority

I recently learned the concept of 'failed narcissists'. Seems to fit.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2024 at 9:21 PM, ImplicitDemands said:

In a country that charges for everything, one has to worry about food first and foremost. The challenge of finding a significant other especially if you are as picky as me really is a lot more tricky AND potentially dangerous. You know every dating service will charge large arbitrary sums

and it is difficult enough with the compounding charges for transportation, food, and shelter then you have to add up owning a room, or maybe if you're wealthy a home. Occupations that provide all of this don't leave any free-time so you need a dating service that rigs the random chaos of normal social interaction what with gender segregation being a real thing. Gender segregation has its pros, I don't want anyone lowering standards and that's exactly what will happen if you don't gender segregate and you'll miss out. I almost should be a political problem, if not the primary cause of war throughout human history even though I've never heard it addressed as such publicly.  Food, transportation, and shelter should be a lot easier or less of a cause for warfare but even these three basal elements of quality of life are subject to petty synthetic scarcity, almost as a way to prevent dating. It seems to be the primary cause of any other form of poverty, class dominance is probably secretly a dating driven tactic. The number of armed forces is about twice the number of males that are incarcerated. But if it were just male armed forces, that number would be different, then you add the police force and see how it is possible to contain that kind of number for your own dating prospects. It's the only possible explanation for why the world is like this, same reason to encamp Jews in Nazi Germany, keep them from dating prospects. If you really think about how very short our lives are, that is a big factor in why we'd be driven to behave like this. It is desperation, and is sexually driven, just compounded by aging. 

Anyway, 13 significant years that counted, as an incel gives me some insight into the problem. I'm not technically a virgin but if you want to count lowering my standards as some exclusionary factor from the definition of involuntary celibacy you can try and argue that. I'm 31, looking like this I don't look quite that old, corroborating with those I talk to I have an extra 6 years, primarily listening to younger feedback, looking about 25. Ya know going another 6 years as an incel might be possible, I have seen certain men looking okay at 40, Brad Pitt prime example https://people.com/celebrity/brad-pitt-says-he-liked-turning-40/ . But this has to stop, is there some political way to solve a Maslow's hierarchy crisis. I haven't voted in years, but I'd vote if some candidate offered some service like that. However, I do believe sex is exactly what warfare, policing, money AND politics are all based off of in the first place, but in a very discrete way. Maybe discrete to a younger audience, but to the elders this is probably common fricken knowledge. 

1. There are many free dating services, as well as places where you can meet people in person. You may have an issue with managing your money.

2. Occupations provide plenty of "free time". A person who works 40 hours a week and sleeps 8 hours a day still has 72 hours of time to devote to other things. You may have an issue with time managment.

3. I have no clue what you mean by "gender segregation". Or why you assume warfare and the other things you mentioned are all about "sex". If we use Maslow's hierarchy of needs as an example, purely physical needs such as "sexual intercourse" are fairly low on the hierarchy, and, taken on their own, can be entirely separate from higher needs such as love.

4. The way I see the term "incel" used today is primarily an insult and implies misogyny and a sense of entitlement to sex, often coupled with racist or far-right sentiments for some reason. (The irony is that most stereotypical incels likely suffer from mental illness and would have been branded as "defective" by far-right regimes such as that of Nazi Germany.

I think an older term used to describe people who are "single and unhappy about it" was "loveshys", and you may want to go back to using that term, since "incel" pretty much exclusively has negative connotations.

Edited by Night FM