Let's hear YOUR energy ideas for the future.

Energy is life. Lack of available energy to power modern machinery might someday mean our extinction or a trip back to cave days. How do you see the future of Man on Earth with regard to energy for his use over the next 1,000 years? What is Man going to do when all manner of fossil fuels is no longer an option? What is SCIENCE doing TODAY in regards to seeking practical and safe energy solutions for the future? We all know there are problems and challenges, but WHO is working on possible solutions? Is the an international energy consortium in place already? 

3 minutes ago, JohnDBarrow said:

What is SCIENCE doing TODAY in regards to seeking practical and safe energy solutions for the future?

Science can't do anything. It is not an entity..

Scientists can do something, but they only do what their budget allows them to do. They have to ask for even bizarrely small amounts of money to do something, calling it grants.

7 minutes ago, JohnDBarrow said:

Is the an international energy consortium in place already? 

There is an international consortium of fossil fuel supporters backed by army of lobbyists paid by oil and gas companies to destroy humankind / keep their incomes remain intact / as high as possible.

18 minutes ago, JohnDBarrow said:

Is the an international energy consortium in place already? 

People are known for not working for free.. except for volunteers..

Let's hear YOUR energy ideas for the future.

What future?

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Science can't do anything. It is not an entity..

Scientists can do something, but they only do what their budget allows them to do. They have to ask for even bizarrely small amounts of money to do something, calling it grants.

There is an international consortium of fossil fuel supporters backed by army of lobbyists paid by oil and gas companies to destroy humankind / keep their incomes remain intact / as high as possible.

People are known for not working for free.. except for volunteers..

What future?

It sounds like doom. When I was about age 12, my mother told me then that there was only so much oil in the Earth to make gasoline. Chevron, Shell or some other oil company in the 1970's had a TV commerical claiming that it took nature a million years to create an oil field and Man only 30 years to use it up. Here is the famous dinosaur one from 1977. 

Edited by JohnDBarrow

2 minutes ago, JohnDBarrow said:

It sounds like doom.

..you won't even notice..

14 minutes ago, JohnDBarrow said:

Chevron, Shell or some other oil company in the 1970's had a TV commerical claiming that it took nature a million years to create an oil field and Man only 30 years to use it up. Here is the famous dinosaur one from 1977. 

Wow. These days they would never do that... ;)

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Sensei said:

..you won't even notice..

Then again, my reincarnated future self back on Earth again might notice a bunch of hairy cave dwellers on horseback Planet of the Apes style. A mere possibility, that's all.  And what are your great-great-__________________________________________________________________________________ grandchildren going to do long after YOUR remains become "possible" future fossil fuel? 

The American Waltz, our dream come false, seems on the verge of dying one day, maybe. What will eventually power those cars shaped like bullets with people inside? This song was produced in 1967. Yes, we all hope that the FAT times are here to stay, but for how much longer? Somebody had better start doing much more than just hoping, wishing, crossing fingers and praying. 

Edited by JohnDBarrow

This is a financial and political challenge, not a technical, scientific, nor engineering one. We know what needs to be done. Now we just need the collective will to do it. 

I just hope "we" do what "we" need to do before it is too late. Maybe we need more scientists, engineers and technicians as high elected officials and the sooner the better. Man's biggest downfall will be due to his IGNORANCE or his APATHY? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iNow said:

What are YOU doing to help?

What CAN I do to help? I'm age 60, housebound most of the time and on total disability with limited income.  Well, right now, I drive a 1995 Corolla that can still get 31 MPG on the highway while a bunch of fat cats are still driving gas burners. I don't drive much. Maybe a tank of gas per month. 

What are YOU doing to help? 

Edited by JohnDBarrow

3 hours ago, iNow said:

lol. I preferred brown liquors more than vodkas, but haven’t walked any paths involving alcohol in a good long while now

It was mostly an Irish activity this side of the pond and was called 'Poteen' (Po-cheen).