What technology could be used to make electric automobiles much more fire-safe?

12 hours ago, JohnDBarrow said:

Yes, car lithium-ion battery fires are rare but very horrible whenever they do happen. Typical car gasoline fires are much milder by comparison to lithium-ion battery fires. I refuse to willingly get into any vehicle powered by lithium-ion batteries.

By any chance  have you looked up the comparative stats for car fires in IC cars and EVs?  Or between newer EVs and the earlier models?  

1 hour ago, TheVat said:

By any chance  have you looked up the comparative stats for car fires in IC cars and EVs?  Or between newer EVs and the earlier models?  

He's already ignored them since there were shared right here within thread

9 hours ago, TheVat said:

No, but enough you tube videos have shown how sudden EV's with Lithium Ion batteries can catch fire and how intense the fires are. I don't care if there is only one lithium-ion car fire per million gas car fires. Lithium-ion car fires shoot violent flames out the side and from underneath so there is no way to evacuate the car through the passenger doors with legs getting burned to a crisp. A gasoline fuel fire in the engine compartment is going to contain the flames there and allow human occupants a safe escape route from the car doorways on the sides. 

6 minutes ago, zapatos said:

So then flying is out of the question for you. Certainly no safe escape route from the doors of a plane in flight.

D.B. Cooper would beg to differ.

1 hour ago, JohnDBarrow said:

enough you tube videos have shown

Seriously?  Your research is YouTube videos?  And ignoring what looks to be hard data that someone earlier posted for you, I guess.

2 minutes ago, zapatos said:

He would if he did not end up as a wet spot on the forest floor.

And my dream dies.  😀