hijack from Trump Guilty

orgotude

Trump winning or not has no effect on my personal life.

Considering this forum is packed with ableists and sometimes extreme bigots on matters involving sex and romance they aren't much better than Trump vis-a-vis disability and basic human decency.  Many online forums in the USA, both major parties, and most US localities have truly disturbed views about basic human needs.   I truly believe that.

One of the only good things about Biden's term was the nomination of Merrick Garland for Attorney General.  Bu that was more the Senate than anything.

The DOJ under Garland's purview has done fantastic things like going after police and cities for arresting the involuntary homeless and also going after psychiatric practices for illegal involuntary treatment.  The DOJ correctly has the attitude that even if a homeless person can technically squat or take in Section 8 in another state, their situation is indeed involuntary.  Most Americans I've talked to don't agree with the DOJ on this about homelessness and its why some people protest the homeless nowadays instead of just helping them.   Many if not most Americans are very sick individuals.  If homelessness for some reason quadrupled, or if another Great Depression happened, all current signs show the US would simply not be able to socially handle it, from the perspective of the law, debate, or any attempt to solve the problem.  It can't even handle a 20% increase from the last few years.

I'll likely vote third party as a throwaway presidential vote and then Dems for Congress.   I vote in all the local and national primaries and few I prefer ends up winning those.  On the presidential level, the Dems have a whole slate of superdelegates to vote out anyone to the left of a neoliberal Catholic conservative.

Edited by orgotude

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.