2024 Presidential Election: Who should replace Joe Biden?

Alex_Krycek

19 minutes ago, MigL said:

I like what he brings to the party ( election campaign ), but is it just me, or does he look much older than his 60 year age ?

He looks mature, with sufficient gravitas, not old. He doesn't look like he's pushing up against gravity; that's the important thing.

Edited by StringJunky

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

He doesn't look like he's pushing up against gravity; that's the important thing.

I mean, we all do. Some parts of us more effectively than others.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MigL said:

I like what he brings to the party ( election campaign ), but is it just me, or does he look much older than his 60 year age ?

Walz is every grandpa from an 80s movie, which I think plays well.

John Candy would be proud.

Edited by Alex_Krycek

I am quite familiar (lived in Nebraska on and off for a total of 29 years) with the small towns which Walz grew up in or lived in - Alliance, Valentine, West Point, and Chadron.  This will give him a unique ability to talk to Main Street, especially combined with him not being a lawyer but a schoolteacher.  Rural and semi-rural America commands a disproportionate number of electoral votes, and Walz is a smart pick for someone who can engage with that segment.  

2 hours ago, MigL said:

I'm a proud Canadian; don't be dissin' John Candy.

You call your dollar coin a Loonie.  I have to respect that.  

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MigL said:

I'm a proud Canadian; don't be dissin' John Candy.

Actually I wasn't dissing him considering he's one of the greatest actor / comedians of all time.

Edited by Alex_Krycek