Time : what it really is

All scientific theories and doctrines based on the imaginary existence of 'Time' are baseless!

Abstract: 

Time has no real existence. Time is actually the distance between two or more events or actions, and a perceptible conceptual measurement scale useful for measuring that distance.

'Time' is nothing but a virtual scale as a measurer of the distance or space or length between successive actions or events. 'Time' comes into existence from any motion or action. Where there is no action or motion, there is no such thing as 'Time'. The existence of Time is almost inextricably linked with speed or action. Cosmic Time and space were born with the creation (Big Bang) of the universe. Whenever these successive cosmic events cease, so does the existence of Time. In this gigantic cosmic film consisting of one frame after another, we are nothing but short-lived characters. As a character in a mega serial drama in this predetermined worldly movie, it is not at all possible for you to go to the past or the future of this movie.

Introduction: 

On the basis of which big theories and doctrines are formed, if the foundation does not exist, then think where those theories will stand! This is exactly what happened with time-based theories. In this article of mine I have shown what time really is. You too will realize the truth of what I am saying if you develop a proper understanding of time. 

Many doctrines of different scientists, including Einstein, about Time (Such as Time is a fourth dimension, Spacetime, etc.) as a science, are in fact theories and hypotheses. The existence of many of them depends only on mathematics. In reality, they not exist. Possibilities and realities are not one thing. There is a possibility of revealing the truth with the help of Math, but there is no guarantee of reaching the truth in all cases. The Time has not yet come to say the last word about 'Light', but the last word can be said about 'Time'. Because 'Time' is not complicated at all. We have complicated it. To introduce its own simple form, today I have started this writing.

TIME ResearchGet.pdfTIME ResearchGet.pdf

TIME: what it really is 

All scientific theories and doctrines based on the imaginary existence of 'Time' are baseless!

http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.34840.16640/2

Time research paper.pdf

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SumeruRay said:

Abstract: 

Time has no real existence. Time is actually the distance between two or more events or actions, and a perceptible conceptual measurement scale useful for measuring that distance.

....................[snip]....................

Well "ResearchGet" certainly sounds like a link to a load of malware!

No thanks😁.

Edited by exchemist

Posted (edited)

Time is like mass, length velocity; a parameter or dimension. Seconds exist as much as kilograms do. If one precisely measures the time elapsed from the frame of two objects moving with different but constant velocity, they will not be the same. Because there is a measurable difference, one can conclude time is physical and real. That which can be measured exists.

Edited by StringJunky

51 minutes ago, SumeruRay said:

Time has no real existence.

What do you mean by “real”?

Time is actually the distance between two or more events or actions, and a perceptible conceptual measurement scale useful for measuring that distance.

Sounds real if you can explain what it is.

Is it that time isn’t a physical object? Consider length. The same issues exist.

'Time' is nothing but a virtual scale as a measurer of the distance or space or length between successive actions or events. 'Time' comes into existence from any motion or action. Where there is no action or motion, there is no such thing as 'Time'.

How would one confirm this experimentally? Considering that you can’t have a situation with no motion.

Many doctrines of different scientists, including Einstein, about Time (Such as Time is a fourth dimension, Spacetime, etc.) as a science, are in fact theories and hypotheses. The existence of many of them depends only on mathematics. In reality, they not exist.

Wait until you study more physics. Lots of mathematical constructs out there. It’s simply not an issue.

2 hours ago, SumeruRay said:

Many doctrines of different scientists, including Einstein, about Time (Such as Time is a fourth dimension, Spacetime, etc.) as a science, are in fact theories and hypotheses.

This is always a big red flag for me. Theory is the strongest explanatory mechanism science has. Are you looking for "proof"? Proof is for maths, but you don't want to do the maths. Rejecting the foundations of spacetime is going to be an uphill battle all the way. Astrodynamics uses those foundations to land a spacecraft on an asteroid millions of miles away. Without them we miss. How does this match up with your observation that time doesn't exist?

54 minutes ago, joigus said:

Another philosopher venturing into the deepest scientific caves without the lantern of maths...

Hey! Don't mixup crackpotism and philosophy! Good philosophers know what they must know about the sciences, and know when they don't. If you know what I mean...

See my 2nd and 3rd citations of Dennett in my disclaimer. 

Posted (edited)

My sincere thanks to all of you for participating in the discussion about 'Time'.

As I said about Time, 'Time' is actually the straight line distance between any two actions or events. Time has no real or physical or earthly existence. The equation is given in the copy which I have downloaded from research gate and given here.

I request everyone to kindly download my research article PDF and after that give your thoughtful opinion. thank you
Edited by SumeruRay

12 minutes ago, Eise said:

Hey! Don't mixup crackpotism and philosophy! Good philosophers know what they must know about the sciences, and know when they don't. If you know what I mean...

See my 2nd and 3rd citations of Dennett in my disclaimer. 

I meant 'another "philosopher"'... Sorry, I'm on my mobile phone and typing is harder.

12 minutes ago, SumeruRay said:

My sincere thanks to all of you for participating in the discussion about 'Time'.

As I said about Time, 'Time' is actually the straight line distance between any two actions or events. Time has no real or physical or earthly existence. The equation is given in the copy which I have downloaded from research gate and given here.

I request everyone to kindly download my research article PDF and after that give your thoughtful opinion. thank you

What is “ResearchGet” [sic]? 

Posted (edited)

If I may Joigus ...
"another 'would be philosopher' who has no clue what Philosophy is"

is that better Eise ?

And then the OP starts talking about 'destiny' ???

Edited by MigL

22 minutes ago, SumeruRay said:

As I said about Time, 'Time' is actually the straight line distance between any two actions or events.

But it's not. "Distance" is already being used by spatial dimensions. Your nomenclature is confusing.

If I show up at the Eiffel Tower's restaurant tomorrow for lunch, I've used two spatial dimensions to get me to the right place on the surface of the planet, a third spatial dimension to go up to the right altitude, and a temporal dimension (time) to be there when they're serving lunch. 

28 minutes ago, SumeruRay said:

Time has no real or physical or earthly existence.

I can't hand you a bag of time (or any dimension, for that matter), but it's an observable phenomenon so it's definitely "real". And it certainly has an earthly existence, that's why we measure it and use it in most of our calculations.

35 minutes ago, SumeruRay said:

A PDF should be safe enough to download, but I'm reluctant if your paper is based on some of the claims you've made already. Time is not an easy concept, but it seems like you threw it overboard as soon as it became difficult, and decided to make up something that makes more sense (to you, at most). 

You should stop messing with the font size and bolding most of your posts, as that's a total crackpot move. Thank goodness we caught you before you added color.

Can you answer some of the questions and replies you've already gotten? Otherwise, it seems like you're just pushing us to accept what you've said, and that's not discussion, it's soapboxing or preaching.

38 minutes ago, SumeruRay said:

@MigL

Please read my research paper on Destiny before you comment. thank you

!

Moderator Note

Please comply with rule 2.7, or stop wasting our time

2 hours ago, MigL said:

If I may Joigus ...
"another 'would be philosopher' who has no clue what Philosophy is"

is that better Eise ?

You read my mind. I'm not one of those people who can dash off a quick essay over the cellular. I remember having thought of "wannabe philosopher". Quotation marks would have done the job. And your expression certainly does it. 

The truth is we get a lot of this. People who think they can do philosophy, and by means of their philosophy of sorts, clinch the case of the most difficult (and long-standing) scientific problems: What is time? Did the universe have a beginning?, etc. The truth being they don't even get started doing science. They do very poor philosophy too.

Posted (edited)

As others have mentioned and our forum rules describe. I have no interest in downloading papers from another site. 

I hope your papers include the relevant mathematics rather than just pictures and words but I'm not placing much hope in that.

Let's start with mistake number one.

(ct) used in the Interval as per GR is not the same as time itself (which is a property describing rate of change) it does not describe distance. The Interval is used to give dimensionality of length.

7 hours ago, SumeruRay said:

Abstract: 

Time has no real existence. Time is actually the distance between two or more events or actions, . TIME ResearchGet.pdfTIME ResearchGet.pdf

865.03 kB · 1 download

If you based your papers on the above statement we can stop now as it's already falsified under incorrect premise.

That should have been obvious if you simply asked " What is the length of a second ?" Obviously a second does not include any length term 

Edited by Mordred

3 hours ago, SumeruRay said:

Time and Destiny, these two cosmic systems were born simultaneously through the Big Bang at the moment of creation of the universe!

What exactly Destiny is: an exploration from a scientific viewpoint

https://www.isroset.org/journal/IJSRPAS/full_paper_view.php?paper_id=2397#parentHorizontalTab2

I note that ISROSET stands for the "International Scientific Research Organisation for Science, Engineering and Technology", which is an Indian "journal" that appears on Beall's List of potentially predatory journals: https://beallslist.net. So quite likely scammy and without competent peer review. 

Come back to us when your ideas have been published in a journal with some credibility. 

Is time something that exists on its own ? Of course not. That isn't described by physics to start with. Time is a property describing rate of change nothing more. 

One certainly doesn't require any papers to describe the above. Just a clear understanding of physics to start with.

@MigL and everyone participating in this discussion 

I now realize that my linguistic errors in this article have caused confusion and misunderstanding. This is because the word 'real' is used in different places in different senses. There is nothing wrong with my theory.

I now want to change the language of the title to: 'Time : what it actually is' Also I want to say, Time has no existence in the form of matter and energy.

When a person walks from point 'A' to point 'B' at a place, that person travels a certain distance. In one (at the same time) the person spends some Time more or less based on his/her walking speed. Our concept of 'time' arises from the regular and continuous rotation of the earth or from the regular and continuous rotation of the clock.

We measure Time by the distance traveled round by the hands of the clock when the aforementioned person reaches from point A to point B. Our perception of time is also shaped by the changes we observe in weather and nature as a result of the Earth's regular rotation relative to the Sun.

'Time' is actually the straight line distance between any two actions or events. Time has no existence in the form of matter and energy. 

We measure Time by the distance traveled round by the hands of the clock when the aforementioned person reaches from point A to point B. Our perception of time is also shaped by the changes we observe in weather and nature as a result of the Earth's regular rotation relative to the Sun.

Here I am not referring to 'Time' as spatial distance. I mean, Time is an invisible distance between one action or event and another action or event. We can understand what it is by looking at the hands of a traveling clock that has reached a certain distance.

Here is my equation:

T = ΔE × (τ × Δψ)

Where:

- T = Time (invisible distance between events)

- ΔE = Event distance (the "gap" between two events)

- τ = Temporal resolution (related to the clock's ticking rate)

- Δψ = Change in clock state (hands moving between positions)

This equation aims to capture the theory that 'Time' is an invisible distance between events, measured by the clock's progression (Δψ) and our perception of that progression (τ).

Hopefully it won't be difficult to understand now. thank you

I would like to simply state that time is the essence of change, heavy on the change.  I am currently working on a combination theory of biology and physics using Boltzmann's equation as mathematical support to determine entropy within a biological system rather than just inorganic particles.  

12 hours ago, joigus said:

Another philosopher venturing into the deepest scientific caves without the lantern of maths...

Time, a treasure we always want more of, but will never have enough of.

19 minutes ago, Bright said:

I would like to simply state that time is the essence of change

If time passed, yet absolutely nothing moved, there’d be no change. Ergo, you’re wrong and it is motion that is the essence of change

22 minutes ago, Bright said:

Time, a treasure we always want more of, but will never have enough of.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.