I sit here and ponder the chaos around me.

Isn't it incredible, that through nature and technology, I can pick out the specific waves that relate directly to me, in the pool that's foaming from the waves of every single particle in the universe.

I'm not sure of the point I'm making, just that it relates to every creed of thought with equanimity...

11 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I'm not sure of the point I'm making, just that it relates to every creed of thought with equanimity...

I don't know. It seems to me that you're making more sense than you ever have.

Technology can have (and has had) this effect of re-wiring us into the universe in new and unexpected ways. Full of potential.

33 minutes ago, joigus said:

Technology can have (and has had) this effect of re-wiring us into the universe in new and unexpected ways. Full of potential.

That's not exactly it, full of potential is loaded in unexpected ways, technology is much simpler...

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

That's not exactly it, full of potential is loaded in unexpected ways, technology is much simpler...

Simple changes can have limitless consequences. You must look downstream.

2 minutes ago, joigus said:

Simple changes can have limitless consequences. You must look downstream.

Is that downstream of the river I can't cross twice?

21 hours ago, joigus said:

Yes, let's.

Will self inspired my ponder with his take on Psychogeography in one of his lectures, below.

The title of the work refers to the tradition of psychogeography dating back to the Situationist International. Self's concept differs from its original form in a number of ways, however. His walking is not generally purposeless since he often has pre-arranged events to attend such as book signings whilst he is also drawn to particular tourist monuments (in addition to what he describes as the 'Empty Quarters' that are off the beaten track).

22 hours ago, joigus said:

No. I meant "evolution-wise".

I guess I mean the technological evolution is in miss-step, with our natural perception of the world around us; I can sit here and travel without taking a journey or using my imagination.

I can talk to you, via this medium, but our comunication is vague at best...

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

I can talk to you, via this medium, but our comunication is vague at best...

Then you should express your thoughts in a more detailed and less ambiguous way.. Everyone on the forum wishes that..

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

Then you should express your thoughts in a more detailed and less ambiguous way.. Everyone on the forum wishes that..

Ditto. 

It started with a note that sounded poetic to me, which I always appreciate.

Then suddenly I'm led to psychogeography. I'm told by Google:

What is psychogeography in simple terms?

Entails the study of the precise laws and specific effects of the geographical environment, consciously organized or not, on the emotions and behavior of individuals.

Stendhal syndrome?

20 hours ago, Sensei said:

Thanks for making my point, for instance, if you saw someone in a wheelchair you probably wouldn't say "stop being so lazy, just get up and walk to the shop's".

You've made similar comment's in all sorts of thread's, a significant number of them it was your only post/point and did nothing for the discussion at hand.

19 hours ago, joigus said:

Ditto. 

It started with a note that sounded poetic to me, which I always appreciate.

Then suddenly I'm led to psychogeography. I'm told by Google:

Stendhal syndrome?

Sorry mate, but you only have to ask and I'll do my best to explain the relevance you don't understand, it would help if you could watch his lecture though, amazingly he does a much better job of speaking it than I can of texting it.

Now I've gotta look up Stendhal and his idiom? 

19 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Thanks for making my point, for instance, if you saw someone in a wheelchair you probably wouldn't say "stop being so lazy, just get up and walk to the shop's".

So your inability to add more detail to posts is similar to someone who has an inability to walk?

1 minute ago, zapatos said:

So your inability to add more detail to posts is similar to someone who has an inability to walk?

It can be if one is dyslexic, metaphorically speaking.

I'm not saying I can't get to the shop's, it just takes me longer and I need a nudge sometimes to keep me on track.

I stay here, bc I enjoy tje challenge. 🖖 

On 7/13/2024 at 8:39 AM, dimreepr said:

Isn't it incredible, that through nature and technology, I can pick out the specific waves that relate directly to me, in the pool that's foaming from the waves of every single particle in the universe.

Blank reliquary lofted to pellucid oesophagus, mostly cabbage monkey?

37 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Now I've gotta look up Stendhal and his idiom? 

When he visited the Basilica of Santa Croce, where Niccolò Machiavelli, Michelangelo and Galileo Galilei are buried, he was overcome with profound emotion. Stendhal wrote:

I was in a sort of ecstasy, from the idea of being in Florence, close to the great men whose tombs I had seen. Absorbed in the contemplation of sublime beauty . . . I reached the point where one encounters celestial sensations . . . Everything spoke so vividly to my soul. Ah, if I could only forget. I had palpitations of the heart, what in Berlin they call 'nerves'. Life was drained from me. I walked with the fear of falling.[3]

Now,

What is psychogeography in simple terms?

Entails the study of the precise laws and specific effects of the geographical environment, consciously organized or not, on the emotions and behavior of individuals.

From Google search.

I think both are related, aren't they? Was that perhaps your intended topic?

1 minute ago, TheVat said:

Blank reliquary lofted to pellucid oesophagus, mostly cabbage monkey?

Please don't make me look that up...

1 minute ago, joigus said:

Now,

From Google search.

I think both are related, aren't they? Was that perhaps your intended topic?

Again not really, sure if you find peace that way good luck to you, but that wasn't Will's point; one of his explanations he points to the car and examines the point of that travel, in the form of the screen we see the world through.

18 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Again not really, sure if you find peace that way good luck to you,

Yep. I was minding my own business when all of a sudden I thought, 'I gotta find me some peace. Hey, I know, what better way to do it than engaging in a conversation with Dim?'

No. You cannot press me into watching that video. You either make the point here or let it go. Those are the rules of this game as I understand them.

24 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

but that wasn't Will's point; one of his explanations he points to the car and examines the point of that travel, in the form of the screen we see the world through.

It's not about the travel it's about our orientation with in our micro-world's.

If you don't wanna listen to it, last fine (my apologies if you're hard of hearing), he does have some interesting points though, he made me sit and ponder... 😉