Split from Shots fired at Trump rally in Pennsylvania

Alex_Krycek

7 minutes ago, Alex_Krycek said:

In my view it's one of two culprits:

1. A "lone wolf" political extremist
  2. A foreign agent acting in a plot to further destabilize the United States

Something we can agree on.

Ngl my MIL just text us the words "Trump has been shot" and my heart sank a bit when I found out they basically missed. I watched the footage, apparently it grazed his ear but he basically happened to turn his head, just as the bullet whizzed by, narrowly avoided the bullet travelling sideways through the back of his head.

This is really going to get worse now, I feel in the sense that Trumps followers will feel emboldened to act more violently and the spin in Trumpworld will be this was a "deepstate" hit ordered by Biden. 

I also think this won't even be the only attempt on either Trump or Bidens life leading up to the election. Now there will be bullet proof glass at every campaign event. 

6 minutes ago, iNow said:

It was being shown live on Fox and you can watch it here

At the end when he's pumping his fist; he's either saying "I'm alright" or "fight" but I think it's the latter. 

32 minutes ago, MSC said:

I'm curious to see if the republicans will all of a sudden be more keen on stricter gun control laws after this. Might alienate some of their base in doing so though. More likely they'll just use this as more reasons why more guns need to be out there. Assuming the assassin would have been thwarted if everyone had been carrying a gun. 

It's speculated the shooter was a member of ANTIFA.  if that's the case, you know where MAGA will place all their focus.

13 minutes ago, Alex_Krycek said:

It's speculated the shooter was a member of ANTIFA.  if that's the case, you know where MAGA will place all their focus.

How do you be a member of an ideological position that isn't a group? It's just short for anti-fascism. Allied WW2 vets were Antifa, so was Churchill and pretty much everyone living contently since the end of ww2, with the right to vote while enjoying our civil liberties and rights without fear of death, torture and imprisonment when being critical of the powers that be.  

42 minutes ago, MSC said:

How do you be a member of an ideological position that isn't a group? It's just short for anti-fascism. Allied WW2 vets were Antifa, so was Churchill and pretty much everyone living contently since the end of ww2, with the right to vote while enjoying our civil liberties and rights without fear of death, torture and imprisonment when being critical of the powers that be.  

They are a group, fully mobilized and operational, that roams around the US and commits acts of violence at protests, what I would consider domestic terrorism.  ANTIFA officially acknowledge and admit the use of violence as a political tool.  So it wouldn't surprise me if the shooter was a member.  

41 minutes ago, iNow said:

And the number of Americans who feel violence may be necessary against political opponents skyrockets to nearly 30% among just Republicans. It’s interesting how that important context wasn’t included in your comment. 

In this particular poll 6.9% were for political violence in favor of Trump and 10% in favor of political violence against Trump.

I full acknowledge the other poll you mentioned if you can source it, and that the right is heavily in favor of political violence also.  

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, iNow said:

It was sourced when it was shared. Violence acceptable as a political tool.

Democrats

Strongly Agree - 7%

Agree - 5%

Disagree - 21%

Strongly Disagree - 65%

Republicans

Strongly Agree - 6%

Agree - 22%

Disagree - 40%

Strongly Disagree - 30%

Independents

Strongly Agree - 5%

Agree - 13%

Disagree - 40%

Strongly Disagree - 42%

Polling conducted 3 months ago. Results are statistically significant within ±3.5 percentage points.

I don't doubt the veracity of your poll.

This photo was published by the New York Times showing the layout of the crime scene.  The roof from which this took place appears to be some sort of business or industrial facility.  My guess is that the shooter was someone who worked at this facility and knew how to access the roof and understood the layout of the venue very well.  He would have been able to evade detection by accessing the facility on a weekend when nobody was there, and then proceeding to climb the building access ladder (which is obscured from sight between another building).  

ScreenShot2024-07-14at14_23_16.thumb.png.c9249c860da648bad74cb7dea641952f.png

Edited by Alex_Krycek

1 minute ago, Alex_Krycek said:

My guess is that the shooter was someone who worked at this facility

Nobody cares about your guesses. You need to stop

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, iNow said:

Nobody cares about your guesses. You need to stop

Wow, that's rude, but ok.  

What's your theory on how he gained access to the roof carrying an AR style rifle without being spotted by police?

Edited by Alex_Krycek

6 hours ago, Alex_Krycek said:

They are a group, fully mobilized and operational, that roams around the US and commits acts of violence at protests, what I would consider domestic terrorism.  ANTIFA officially acknowledge and admit the use of violence as a political tool.  So it wouldn't surprise me if the shooter was a member.  

This is a Republican talking point that was debunked awhile ago. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/trump-cant-designate-antifa-or-any-movement-domestic-terrorist-organization/

Anti-fascism is a movement. It isn't a group or an organisation and that false claim was first started by Lauren Boebert. Stop lying and stop acting in bad faith with all these claims to be against Trump while spouting a bunch of falsehoods and lies that he has tried to pass off as truth.

5 hours ago, Alex_Krycek said:

Wow, that's rude, but ok.

Then stop lying, stop acting in bad faith and stop sharing debunked Republican talking points or hinting at bullshit MAGA world conspiracy theories. It's actually embarrassing how transparent you are while you think you're fooling anyone. 

Posted (edited)

I haven't lied, acted in bad faith, nor shared debunked talking points.  All spurious fabrications by you.

You're uninformed about who ANTIFA really are.

These violent counter-protesters are often members of the “antifa” (short for “antifascist”), a loose collection of groups, networks and individuals who believe in active, aggressive opposition to far right-wing movements.

Their presence at a protest is intended to intimidate and dissuade racists, but the use of violent measures by some antifa against their adversaries can create a vicious, self-defeating cycle of attacks, counter-attacks and blame. This is why most established civil rights organizations criticize antifa tactics as dangerous and counterproductive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180401085658/https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/who-are-the-antifa

Edited by Alex_Krycek

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.