email address or user ID advice?

Do you have any advice for a new email address or user ID?

For example, my name is Kenny, but we all know that it is almost impossible to get an ID with "kenny" alone for every web service, because they are all taken, not even kenny2 or kenny3 in most cases.

I have thought about adding a random number to make it like, for example, kenny14537, but I think someone who knows my ID (which is something I cannot avoid) would easily find out all of my other web activities with the help of Google, because this is a very unique ID.

I do not want to use different IDs for different services because it will be extremely inconvenient. I want to keep one word for everything.

If I use an ID mixed with common words like happy, rich, pretty, flower, world, for example, I use an ID like happyrichpretty, happy.rich.pretty, or happy_rich_pretty (which may not be occupied), will it be harder for someone to find out my other web activities on Google? Will it mix with many other unrelated results? Or will it make no difference because they can make an exact search with quotes?

In other words, is there any advice for making up an ID that is likely to be available but at the same time, while it is searched on Google, there will be a lot of unrelated results mixed?

Edited by kenny1999
making it clearer

Get a proper password manager. Use different IDs across every service. Make your ID a long string of gibberish characters. It’s lazy to do otherwise and barely inconvenient given the added protection.

You know. Or don’t. Let yourself be an easier target and THEN learn the true definition of inconvenience while you work to fix and cleanup future breaches and identity thefts. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, zapatos said:

The Welsh version of 'kenny' is Ceni.

Whatever version of my name, it is likely to be occupied already. More importantly, it won't make a difference to what I said above.

29 minutes ago, iNow said:

Get a proper password manager. Use different IDs across every service. Make your ID a long string of gibberish characters. It’s lazy to do otherwise and barely inconvenient given the added protection.

You know. Or don’t. Let yourself be an easier target and THEN learn the true definition of inconvenience while you work to fix and cleanup future breaches and identity thefts. 

Did you read what I said above? As I said, gibberish characters will more likely give an exact search results on Google.

Edited by kenny1999

Whatever. You have some odd idiosyncrasies, appear to be engaging badly in various forms of subterfuge with likely less than pure motivations, and my attempt to help despite all that was clearly a waste of time. Peace out 

34 minutes ago, kenny1999 said:

Whatever version of my name, it is likely to be occupied already. More importantly, it won't make a difference to what I said above.

So don't use it. Sorry I responded.

13 hours ago, kenny1999 said:

In other words, is there any advice for making up an ID that is likely to be available but at the same time, while it is searched on Google, there will be a lot of unrelated results mixed?

You’re asking for mutually exclusive results here. If someone does an exact term search (e.g. putting it in quotes in Google) they’re going to find your user name, as long as the search engine is of reasonable quality. 

13 hours ago, kenny1999 said:

This is pretty much like searchable and non-searchable at the same time.

Which is basically Swansont's point.

7 hours ago, swansont said:

You’re asking for mutually exclusive results here. If someone does an exact term search (e.g. putting it in quotes in Google) they’re going to find your user name, as long as the search engine is of reasonable quality. 

What if they don't use quotes to perform a search? Is it true that an ID mixing with common terms, without number, e.g. happyfunnybeauty rather than a very unique string of letters e.g. kenny263468 will give a lot more unrelated results from search engines?

32 minutes ago, kenny1999 said:

What if they don't use quotes to perform a search? Is it true that an ID mixing with common terms, without number, e.g. happyfunnybeauty rather than a very unique string of letters e.g. kenny263468 will give a lot more unrelated results from search engines?

Depends on the search engine. Some will do substrings, others don’t. On some sites, I’ve noticed that a search for “atomic clock” does not find “atomic clocks”

But if they’re looking specifically for you, they’ll find you.

On 7/16/2024 at 3:56 AM, kenny1999 said:

Do you have any advice for a new email address or user ID?

Use email aliases. If there is a server leak, only the mailbox alias will leak, not the real e-mail address. You can see who is sending you unwanted e-mail because each service has a different alias.

8 hours ago, swansont said:

But if they’re looking specifically for you, they’ll find you.

..especially if you will use your real name, real email address, real domain address, real phone number..

On 7/16/2024 at 3:56 AM, kenny1999 said:

Social media these days often don't use static plain HTML that is parsed like in the old days. Instead, they use dynamically generated HTML output from JavaScript or similar by user browser. Twitter was/is leading at it. FB second. This means that every time someone reaches the same URL, they will or may get something different. This is useless to search engines. So they (the search engine owners and the social networks) created a hidden b2b APIs. In a forum such as this, searching whether "X" said "Y" is quite easy. In social media, it's almost impossible.

Public developers API for FB https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pages-api

(these commands will work for your own FB account and pages)

If you bother about your privacy, don't use social media, don't use Google Play Store and Goggle Account, and Apple ID..