Loss of typing again.

It has happened again, just as I clicked the submit button the typing vanished.

At this point I was allegedly still logged in.

A quick look round pages without leaving the thread,  and then I found I was no longer logged in and invited to sign in.

When I did I clicked on the reply to post again and all my typing was restored, including that which was typed in immediately before trying to submit, so there was no period of inactivity.

Since this has happened before and if it genuinely can't be avoided then can someone at least add in a line of code to place a warning popup along the lines of

"You are about to be logged off. Do you wish to continue ?"

AFAIK, nobody on staff here has anything close to code level access and the forum like nearly all others runs on a platform allowing only basic on/off style configuration settings in the Admin panel.

Summarized: Even with a desire to improve the experience, we're probably left to simply deal with it and move on with our day.

Obviously, would welcome being proven wrong by those closer to this particular boards features/functionality as my own experience on other boards surely isn't universal.