Is it possible to generate sulfuric acid from sodium sulfate without special membranes or special processes?

realflow100

Now I'm wondering if instead there would be some reason that sodium bisulfate would form first before true sulfuric acid.
Essentially the concentration of sodium ions decrease over time gradually while the acidity increases. with an increase in the amount of hydrogen ions in the acidic compartment as well.
but I dont know if the conversion to sulfuric acid would happen yet or in stages. where 1/2 neutralization of sulfuric acid point has been reached (1 part sodium to 2 part sulfuric acid)?

I set up a more robust and more efficient version of the experiment. with a porous material sandwiched and sealed in between wide slots cut between two thin (rectangular shaped) containers to increase the surface area substantially and efficiency. in just a couple hours at 200mA current and about 3-4 volts. the acidic compartment reached as low as PH of 1. while the basic compartment reached closer to 13.5-14

Edited by realflow100

"Is it possible to generate sulfuric acid from sodium sulfate without special membranes or special processes?"
Define "special".
Roast the sulphate with charcoal at high temperatures to reduce it to sulphide.
Dissolve that in water.
Set up some wine or beer making and lead the CO2 that it produces into the sodium sulphide solution.
That will form hydrogen sulphide.
Oxidise the hydrogen sulphide to sulphur dioxide by burning it in air.
Oxidise the sulphur dioxide either with air (as per the contact process) or with ozone, to get sulphur trioxide  and allow that to dissolve in water and you will have sulphuric acid.

Is any of those steps "special"?