Questions to parents out there?

geneswellness

Hello fellow genetics enthusiasts and parents,

I've been contemplating the creation of a comprehensive genetic resource specifically tailored for parents and soon-to-be parents. The idea is to provide accessible, easy-to-understand information on various genetic topics relevant to family planning and child development.

The resource would cover areas such as:

1. Genetic screening for prospective parents
2. Basic genetic concepts to help understand the risks of various genetic diseases
3. Management strategies for genetic conditions
4. Genetic factors influencing child growth and development

My question to the community, especially parents or those planning to become parents, is this: Would you be interested in detailed, yet simplified guides on these topics? 

Specifically:
- What genetic topics are you most curious about as a parent?
- Would you find value in having this information compiled in an easy-to-understand format?
- What format would you prefer for such guides (e.g., e-books, interactive websites, video series)?
- What price point would you consider reasonable for such resources?

Your feedback would be invaluable in shaping this potential resource. Let's discuss the intersection of genetics and parenting, and how we can make this complex field more accessible to those who need it most.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences!

50 minutes ago, geneswellness said:
Hello fellow genetics enthusiasts and parents,

I've been contemplating the creation of a comprehensive genetic resource specifically tailored for parents and soon-to-be parents. The idea is to provide accessible, easy-to-understand information on various genetic topics relevant to family planning and child development.

The resource would cover areas such as:

1. Genetic screening for prospective parents
2. Basic genetic concepts to help understand the risks of various genetic diseases
3. Management strategies for genetic conditions
4. Genetic factors influencing child growth and development

My question to the community, especially parents or those planning to become parents, is this: Would you be interested in detailed, yet simplified guides on these topics? 

Specifically:
- What genetic topics are you most curious about as a parent?
- Would you find value in having this information compiled in an easy-to-understand format?
- What format would you prefer for such guides (e.g., e-books, interactive websites, video series)?
- What price point would you consider reasonable for such resources?

Your feedback would be invaluable in shaping this potential resource. Let's discuss the intersection of genetics and parenting, and how we can make this complex field more accessible to those who need it most.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences!

I would put this in the general category of: "Let's give parents something else to be pointlessly anxious about". On the whole, if there is nothing wrong with your child, I think you should not spend your time poring over genetics. If there is something wrong, or you yourself have a known genetic condition that might be passed on, then you should be in contact with health professionals.