Gravity drive

Dmitriy

Tell me, what do you think about this idea of a gravity engine? If you take a particle accelerator and give it the shape of a spiral so that the particles move along a spiral trajectory, then such a spiral should pull space into the center of itself at near-light speed. If the total mass of the particles is large enough, then it must draw in space with sufficient power to ensure movement at a speed close to the speed of light. I understand that it will take a huge amount of energy, but the idea itself is not fantastic and is quite viable. And if you close this spiral into a bagel, then a fixed area of space will move along a closed trajectory. And in this way, you can create a warp bubble. What do you think about it?

4 minutes ago, Dmitriy said:

Tell me, what do you think about this idea of a gravity engine? If you take a particle accelerator and give it the shape of a spiral so that the particles move along a spiral trajectory, then such a spiral should pull space into the center of itself at near-light speed. If the total mass of the particles is large enough, then it must draw in space with sufficient power to ensure movement at a speed close to the speed of light. I understand that it will take a huge amount of energy, but the idea itself is not fantastic and is quite viable. And if you close this spiral into a bagel, then a fixed area of space will move along a closed trajectory. And in this way, you can create a warp bubble. What do you think about it?

Utter ballocks. 

15 minutes ago, Dmitriy said:

such a spiral should pull space into the center of itself

What is it pulling? Space, in this context, is part of the geometry we use to determine "where". Are you talking about pulling matter inside a particular part of space?

Now seriously, what's the solution to EFE --and the energy-momentum distribution corresponding to it-- that does what you claim in such a colourful way?

One thing is pastry, and quite a different thing is gravity.

x-posted with @Phi for All

22 minutes ago, Dmitriy said:

then a fixed area of space will move 

How is space moving? Spacetime doesn't move, AFAIK, it's what matter moves in. It curves under gravity, but it's the matter moving through spacetime that follows the curve.

1 hour ago, Dmitriy said:

Tell me, what do you think about this idea of a gravity engine? If you take a particle accelerator and give it the shape of a spiral so that the particles move along a spiral trajectory, then such a spiral should pull space into the center of itself at near-light speed.  

Sounds like a cyclotron, which exist, and do not do this.

I understand that it will take a huge amount of energy

How much? Is there a calculation, or is this just a hand-wave?

16 minutes ago, swansont said:

Sounds like a cyclotron, which exist, and do not do this.

How much? Is there a calculation, or is this just a hand-wave?

As far as I know, the spiral in a cyclotron is flat, so the particles rotate in the same plane. I suggest using an elongated spiral in the form of a coil.