Harris vs Trump;

MSC

Harris vs Trump.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the US Election this November?

• Harris
    • Trump

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 11/06/24 at 04:59 AM

5 hours ago, MSC said:

It's funny because before the debate, Trump-friendly pundits were literally saying that the victor always is the first to ask for another debate with a mind to ride the momentum to another win while confidence is high. They must be eating those words now! 

Trump staff and more rational supporters are having an increasingly hard time "sane washing" his words to the public. They can't keep him on-message. He thinks he's a divine Roman Emperor-God.

Edited by StringJunky

5 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Trump staff and more rational supporters are having an increasingly hard time "sane washing" his words to the public. They can't keep him on-message. He thinks he's a divine Roman Emperor-God.

He just needs to fire his advisors that he didn't listen to, and hire new ones he won't listen to. All will be good, because unlike Harris and the Biden administration he knows how to hold people accountable.

20 hours ago, TheVat said:

Reading news this morning, I reflected for a moment on the disturbing decline in marksmanship skills in this country.  

Likewise, however the jury is out on the second guy since he never got the chance to fire a shot. Could have been a great marksman for all we know. That said 500 yards with an Ak-47 isn't an easy shot to make. Guy went about it all wrong, without talking about the morality of the action at all, it's implementation practically was so flawed. Shoulda just set a hidden stake pit out on the green of the 7th hole during the night. Honestly I think the only way for it to happen that would leave people more in awe than anger would be for a black star college quarterback to take him out with a football thrown from a ridiculous range. Can't get more American than that! 

Dear NSA, I'm joking, calm down! 

Honestly though, it's Florida. Guy could have just been out on a stroll with his pet gun!

1 hour ago, MSC said:

Honestly though, it's Florida. Guy could have just been out on a stroll with his pet gun!

TFG golfing there wasn’t on his public schedule, so it’s not a given that this guy even knew he was there. One might expect a presidential candidate to be out campaigning.

21 hours ago, TheVat said:

Reading news this morning, I reflected for a moment on the disturbing decline in marksmanship skills in this country.  

Maybe it's god saying "let's not kill the messenger"...

1 hour ago, swansont said:

TFG golfing there wasn’t on his public schedule, so it’s not a given that this guy even knew he was there. One might expect a presidential candidate to be out campaigning.

Oh wow really? Not even on the public schedule? Yup, just makes it sound more and more like the local Florida guy was just out for a wee walk. 

Elon Musk and others decided to react by encouraging attempts on Biden and Harris. Honestly at this point I don't know who society should be more worried about. Trump or Musk? My money is on Musk. Dude literally has plans resembling evil Daniel Jackson from that one "it was all a dream" episode of Stargate. Satellites in orbit, chips in peoples heads, his dirty hands in so many different infrastructure pies I mean the dude clearly has a snake in his head.... And so does Mr Burns.

2 hours ago, MSC said:

Oh wow really? Not even on the public schedule? Yup, just makes it sound more and more like the local Florida guy was just out for a wee walk. 

Roe said the former president's movement was considered "off the record," meaning it wasn't on his public calendar that he'd be at the Trump International Golf Club on Sunday.

https://abc11.com/post/Ryan-Wesley-Routh-court-donald-trump-apparent-assassination-attempt/15309084/

It’s possible it wasn’t announced for security reasons. Oh the nine-irony

1 hour ago, swansont said:

Roe said the former president's movement was considered "off the record," meaning it wasn't on his public calendar that he'd be at the Trump International Golf Club on Sunday.

https://abc11.com/post/Ryan-Wesley-Routh-court-donald-trump-apparent-assassination-attempt/15309084/

It’s possible it wasn’t announced for security reasons. Oh the nine-irony

A little birdie told me they didn't even have an eagle eye view of the perimeter...

The least he could have done (TFG) is have more than one type of stroke that day...

Golf courses are hard to secure. If he were still president, he’d have more secret service agents assigned and the whole good course likely would’ve been shutdown. 

As others noted, this wasn’t part of his agenda for the day and was just Trump deciding a bit as his to go out and play a round with a mega donor. For that reason, secret service wasn’t even able to sweep the perimeter of the course first. 

For obvious reasons, it’s harder to secure a golf course than a gymnasium or tennis court, especially those exposed to public roads.

The suspect was there for 12 hours beforehand per his cell tower connection. He would’ve been within 100 yards had Trump continued on to the next hole without secret service seeing the barrel of his gun sticking through the fence and engaged him with shots of their own before he could fire even a single one. 

On 9/16/2024 at 4:36 PM, TheVat said:

It's a national disgrace! :D The would-be assassin stood around for 12 hours on the off-chance that Trump would be around and this visit was not noted on his public schedule. Pull the other one.

Edited by StringJunky

35 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

It's a national disgrace! :D The would-be assassin stood around for 12 hours on the off-chance that Trump would be around and this visit was not noted on his public schedule. Pull the other one.

Considering it is Trump, likelihood ain't low that he would be golfing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/18/us/politics/republican-officials-harris-endorsement.html

111 Former G.O.P. Officials Back Harris, Calling Trump ‘Unfit to Serve’

The signatories of a letter endorsing the Democratic vice president included former members of Congress, defense secretaries, C.I.A. directors and other national security officials.

<…>

The 111 signatories included former officials who served under Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush or George W. Bush. Many of them had previously broken with Mr. Trump, including two former defense secretaries, Chuck Hagel and William S. Cohen; Robert B. Zoellick, a former president of the World Bank; the former C.I.A. directors Michael V. Hayden and William H. Webster; a former director of national intelligence, John D. Negroponte; and former Gov. William F. Weld of Massachusetts. Miles Taylor and Olivia Troye, two Trump administration officials who became vocal critics, also signed.

But a number of Republicans who did not sign a similar letter on behalf of Mr. Biden in 2020 signed the one for Ms. Harris this time, including several former House members, like Charles W. Boustany Jr. of Louisiana, Barbara Comstock of Virginia, Dan Miller of Florida and Bill Paxon of New York.

In their letter, the Republicans acknowledged concerns about “some of the positions advocated by the left wing of the Democratic Party,” and some of them have been quite critical of the Biden-Harris administration. Just last year, Mr. Zoellick wrote a newspaper essay eviscerating Democratic economic policies. But the letter said that “any potential concerns” about Ms. Harris “pale in comparison to” those over Mr. Trump.

11 hours ago, iNow said:

Yeah I had heard about this. Was hoping George W Bush himself was going to give his endorsement but I guess for an ex Republican president, not endorsing the GOP candidate says a lot on it's own. 

There is also a data scientist who has accurately predicted not just presidential races but Senate ones too, using betting data instead of survey polls, odd setters phrasing questions like "who do you believe will win?" Instead of "who do you want to win?" And the reliability of constantly updated odds data 24/7 through this guys methods, predicts a landslide for Harris coming. 

1 hour ago, MSC said:

predicts a landslide for Harris coming. 

I'm certain that will be the case with the popular vote. Sadly, that's irrelevant.

All that matters is a few hundred votes in a handful of counties mostly in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. In those counties, it's right now either a coin flip or Harris is trailing. 

Teamsters chose not to endorse either candidate this year even though Harris' policies are far better for them and union members versus Trump saying they should all be fired on the spot when striking. Reason: Too many of their members are rabidly behind Trump. 

Again, I fully accept Harris will win a landslide of votes. I'm not yet convinced they'll be votes from the right places. 

1 hour ago, iNow said:

I'm certain that will be the case with the popular vote. Sadly, that's irrelevant.

All that matters is a few hundred votes in a handful of counties mostly in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. In those counties, it's right now either a coin flip or Harris is trailing. 

Teamsters chose not to endorse either candidate this year even though Harris' policies are far better for them and union members versus Trump saying they should all be fired on the spot when striking. Reason: Too many of their members are rabidly behind Trump. 

Again, I fully accept Harris will win a landslide of votes. I'm not yet convinced they'll be votes from the right places. 

Yeah I saw that about teamsters. Can't believe so many of it's members are Trump supporters, talk about kissing the hand that will beat you... 

The latest quinnipac(probably spelled incorrectly) poll shows Harris quite a bit ahead in Pennsylvania, and narrowly ahead in Wisconsin and Michigan. 

I wonder what the betting odds are for The fat man having a heart attack or something before the election are? Honestly that would feel like a dream! 

On 9/17/2024 at 10:46 AM, MSC said:

makes it sound more and more like the local Florida guy was just out for a wee walk. 

The evidence gathered since paints an entirely different picture. From multiple sources since federal prosecutors have become involved:

“Prosecutors presented evidence, including a handwritten note from the suspect that read in part: “This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump, but I failed you.”

Investigators said the 58-year-old man spent a month surveilling the golf course, before choosing to position himself near the sixth hole with a semiautomatic rifle.

Investigators found his fingerprint on the weapon, along with a handwritten list of Trump’s scheduled appearances, multiple cellphones, gloves, and a passport in his SUV, according to prosecutors.”

9 minutes ago, iNow said:

Prosecutors presented evidence, including a handwritten note from the suspect that read in part: “This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump, but I failed you.”

It seems odd that this was written months ago but put in the past tense, but then, there’s nothing normal going on here

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-charged-apparent-trump-plot-wrote-assassination-attempt-court-rcna172199

3 hours ago, swansont said:

It seems odd that this was written months ago but put in the past tense, but then, there’s nothing normal going on here

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-charged-apparent-trump-plot-wrote-assassination-attempt-court-rcna172199

Very odd. It seems very inauthentic, but you could say 'Trump' and 'inauthentic' are homonyms. 

Edited by StringJunky

49 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Very odd. It seems very inauthentic, but you could say 'Trump' and 'inauthentic' are homonyms. 

It’s possible the letter was supposed to be discovered and distributed after the attempt (the authorities might not have disclosed all the details) but it assumes failure, that the intent wasn’t clear, and that he couldn’t clarify himself. Almost like this was intended to be a suicide-by-cop. 

On 9/24/2024 at 11:06 AM, swansont said:

It’s possible the letter was supposed to be discovered and distributed after the attempt (the authorities might not have disclosed all the details) but it assumes failure, that the intent wasn’t clear, and that he couldn’t clarify himself. Almost like this was intended to be a suicide-by-cop. 

I did find the timing of the letter kind of strange and the phrasing. It would make more sense if there were two letters, one meant to be shared if successful and one for failure?