Photons and light

John John

14 minutes ago, John John said:

You need a brain to feel the photons hitting your skin just like you need a brain to see the light that photons stimulate in our eyes.

The temperature rise (e.g. absorption of light) can be stored by an electronic device for later use on a memory card, etc. It does not need to be read by a human. It can be analyzed by a computer and autonomously perform certain actions. It does not have to be electronic. A bimetal can cut off the gas supply when too high a level is reached (used in gas water heating).

Edited by Sensei

4 minutes ago, Sensei said:

The temperature rise can be stored by an electronic device for later use on a memory card, etc. It does not need to be read by a human. It can be analyzed by a computer and autonomously perform certain actions. It does not have to be electronic. A bimetal can cut off the gas supply when too high a level is reached (used in gas water heating).

You are of the planet, What the hell has any of that rubbish got to do with it?

1 minute ago, John John said:

You are of the planet, What the hell has any of that rubbish got to do with it?

Photons absorbed by matter increase internal energy, i.e. body temperature. It is possible to indirectly detect light by studying the increase in body temperature.

1 minute ago, Sensei said:

Photons absorbed by matter increase internal energy, i.e. body temperature. It is possible to indirectly detect light by studying the increase in body temperature.

That's worthless information and has nothing in common with my post.

5 minutes ago, Sensei said:

I hope you don't mind me asking but do you think you can change your thumbnail it is making me feel sick.

1 hour ago, John John said:

That's worthless information and has nothing in common with my post.

!

Moderator Note

OK, you obviously don't know how discussion works. That information could have told you something, and you if you understood the science involved you'd know that. Why come to a science discussion site and then ignore all the scientists? You need to tone down this attitude of yours, it's not conducive to being educated.

1 hour ago, John John said:

I hope you don't mind me asking but do you think you can change your thumbnail it is making me feel sick.

!

Moderator Note

Hey, there's a line crossed! What a horrible, antagonistic way to talk to anyone! Take a vacation, think hard twice about coming back.