Thumbs down is pettie

I am new to the forum and have received a - score from someone. I find that very Pettie and I look forward to receiving more of the same as it is like a badge of honor.

Give me more thumbs down and show me just how pettie you really can get.

John John is the name and getting my message across is the game.

1 hour ago, John John said:

look forward to receiving more of the same as it is like a badge of honor.

Sentiments like this are part of why you’re receiving them. It’s important to align one’s approach to the community, to understand the expectations for quality posts that are well supported with civility, yet here you explicitly confirm your desire as a member here is to be as annoying and trollish as possible. 

You don’t go to your grandmothers house and start dropping F-bombs without consequences or negative social feedback. You don’t go to an elementary school and start waving your dick around without consequences or negative social feedback. You don’t go to church and take a shit on the pulpit without consequences or negative social feedback, so why do you think an online community like this one is any different?

Instead of opening a thread to whine about the response you received, perhaps you should consider what may have prompted it and adjust your approach accordingly. Or, you know, keep acting like a pathetic brat and get yourself banned. That works, too.

Finally, it’s spelled petty. 

Edited by iNow

22 minutes ago, iNow said:

Sentiments like this are part of why you’re receiving them. It’s important to align one’s approach to the community, to understand the expectations for quality posts that are well supported with civility, yet here you explicitly confirm your desire as a member here is to be as annoying and trollish as possible. 

You don’t go to your grandmothers house and start dropping F-bombs without consequences or negative social feedback. You don’t go to an elementary school and start waving your dick around without consequences or negative social feedback. You don’t go to church and take a shit on the pulpit without consequences or negative social feedback, so why do you think an online community like this one is any different?

Instead of opening a thread to whine about the response you received, perhaps you should consider what may have prompted it and adjust your approach accordingly. Or, you know, keep acting like a pathetic brat and get yourself banned. That works, too.

Are you an English teacher or just Petty?

My response was due to pettiness and you contributed that to me how childish you are.

You put much effort into writing this to me now make a post of your own with as much effort.

You call me a troll and it is you chasing me.

12 minutes ago, John John said:

You call me a troll and it is you chasing me.

He's not 'chasing' you, just giving you helpful advice.

And he's not the omly one who thinks you're acting like a troll; everyone who has interacted with you does also.
Surely that can't be a coincidence ...

5 minutes ago, MigL said:

And he's not the omly one who thinks you're acting like a troll; everyone who has interacted with you does also.

No, it's far from a coincidence, it's a planned and well orchestrated mob attack. Just like hungry dogs.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to point that out.

23 minutes ago, MigL said:

I should mention not everyone has called me a troll yet, a bit melodramatic of you don't you think?

4 minutes ago, iNow said:

image.png.34cd3a92892c5b923d215f15d068f471.png

No, not in the room just sending silly messages like this one. I think you may be a psychologist who drives people crazy.

Where you a problem child or is this a result of hitting your little head on the corner of an anvil.

1 minute ago, John John said:

Where you a problem child or is this a result of hitting your little head on the corner of an anvil.

You meant *were

Just now, iNow said:

You meant *were

English teacher and a doctor, very impressive.

I might add that spelling mistakes are common and I just overlook them rather than letting the person know, it comes across as petty.

41 minutes ago, John John said:

No, it's far from a coincidence, it's a planned and well orchestrated mob attack. Just like hungry dogs.

Yeah I'm sure that's what it is.

The manner of your posts couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.

Yes that's sarcasm

Maybe improving the quality of your posts and less attitude might actually solve the problem? 

Edited by Mordred

8 minutes ago, iNow said:

Thanks. I know. 

Thanks for saying thanks.

12 minutes ago, Mordred said:

Yeah I'm sure that's what it is.

The manner of your posts couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.

Yes that's sarcasm

Maybe improving the quality of your posts and less attitude might actually solve the problem? 

Thanks for the advice, in hindsight, I should have just said nothing and just let the dogs bark.

Your welcome reputation points are always an indication of post quality. Usually one receives positive votes by stating something informative and well mannered. 

8 minutes ago, Mordred said:

Your welcome reputation points are always an indication of post quality. Usually one receives positive votes by stating something informative and well mannered. 

If you plan on reading the book you first must open the cover,

Don't judge a book by its cover.

browny point mean nothing, just like the price tag on the cover of a book.

You are superficial by nature and get hung up over nothing.

I'm not the one giving negative rep points. I never do regardless of what I think of the post quality or of the posters attitude. I found that pointless long ago.

I only hand out positive rep points. Never negative.

Does nothing to alter my view of a posters mannerism or post quality. So take the advise or not. Matters not to me.

However one of the rules you agreed to for membership is civility. Too many uncivil posts will eventually lead to account banning but that's your choice.

Makes no difference to me

3 hours ago, John John said:

Maybe the "immune system" is a more fitting analogy? The forum can be seen as an organism. When disruptive behavior occurs, the community’s response acts like an immune system, identifying and neutralizing the perceived threat. This protects the forum from the “contagion” of negativity and aims to preserve its overall health, purpose, and constructive spirit.

31 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Maybe the "immune system" is a more fitting analogy? The forum can be seen as an organism. When disruptive behavior occurs, the community’s response acts like an immune system, identifying and neutralizing the perceived threat. This protects the forum from the “contagion” of negativity and aims to preserve its overall health, purpose, and constructive spirit.

I like this analogy. Anyway, the pathogen seems to be enjoying some time off for the time being.

On 8/18/2024 at 9:48 AM, iNow said:

I've never been too keen on the neg reps, especially for newcomers that have no way of knowing how the rules are going to be interpreted (if they even read them...(put up your hand if not a mod and have read them all...a quick scan notwithstanding)

Some grandmothers are fine with F-bombs, while others, not just grandmothers, might be offended by the language in your second paragraph, and be a little surprised it's actually a +1. 

Should they not be welcome here while they adjust? The mods can weed out the bad ones without our help...beyond reporting of some of the worst posts.

Just my $0.02

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

16 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Should they not be welcome here while they adjust?

You’re not mistaken, but this circumstance wasn’t an issue of adjusting to norms and needing time to learn what they are. He was behaving like a twat with a giant chip on his shoulder in the shape of an asshole. Obvious troll was obvious. 

37 minutes ago, iNow said:

You’re not mistaken, but this circumstance wasn’t an issue of adjusting to norms and needing time to learn what they are. He was behaving like a twat with a giant chip on his shoulder in the shape of an asshole. Obvious troll was obvious. 

I knew nothing of the particular history. My comments were general. I sometimes object to the mods but I trust them. At least they explain what they do.

I do like the positive side of the system.

Some of us ( I think Eise has expressed the same sentiment ) don't hand out neg rep points, but we are fine handing out positive ones.
If I don't like a particular post I prefer explaining why, if I'm even interested in the subject matter.

In this case John John was acting like a petulant child, who, when told he was wrong, stomped his feet, cried, and insisted he was right.
That is not a discussion, and INow called him out on it.
Hopefully he will have calmed down and be ready for civil discourse when he's welcomed back.

One idea I was considering suggesting is simply dropping negative rep points but keep the positive side.

The negative rep tends to get a members hackles up which rather defeats the intent behind the rep system being a recognition for good post quality.

3 minutes ago, Mordred said:

One idea I was considering suggesting is simply dropping negative rep points but keep the positive side.

The negative rep tends to get a members hackles up which rather defeats the intent behind the rep system being a recognition for good post quality.

The site used to prevent them in a former software version, but may no longer have that option to disable in the current version. I seem to recall members voted to keep them, however, as a quick easy way to highlight problematic folks regularly posting in bad faith.