Exporting data from a Cary UV/VIS spectrophotometer

BabcockHall

After a long hiatus, I am using Cary spectrophotometers again.  I am struggling to find the best way to export just a spectrum electronically, especially an electronic format that could be imported into a Word document.  As a work-around, I used Microsoft's Snip and Sketch tool (not sure that this is the correct name) to make .jpg or .png files, but this is an imperfect solution.  When I tried to export the Report as a .pdf file, I obtained the spectrum plus parameters, and for right now, it is just the spectrum that I want.  I tried two other formats, .DSW and .RTF, but I was not successful.  The details escape me at the moment, but I will try to return to this question later.  For a very different program I used .wmf format (Windows Meta File), but that is not available in this instance.  Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance.

22 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Thank you; this is helpful in a couple of ways.  One, it notes that one cannot directly export the spectrum as a jpg or png, which is what I thought.  Two, it confirms that the spectrum can be exported as a csv file.  The problem with csv files is that they take a bit of editing before one gets a usable spectrum (this is not ideal in a classroom application). 

32 minutes ago, BabcockHall said:

Thank you; this is helpful in a couple of ways.  One, it notes that one cannot directly export the spectrum as a jpg or png, which is what I thought.  Two, it confirms that the spectrum can be exported as a csv file.  The problem with csv files is that they take a bit of editing before one gets a usable spectrum (this is not ideal in a classroom application). 

Apparently, it seems possible to convert csv to png directly. Is that an option?

https://search.brave.com/search?q=convert+csv+to+png&source=desktop&summary=1&summary_og=131eda47d88cfd6962b688