Mathematica Notebook Files; Speculation of why doesn't this work in cryptography

Is posting links to files permissible? I ask because I have Mathematica files on the web that can be downloaded safely and securely. I have been inserting the Mathematica files into the code on SFN, but for clarity I would like to share the notebook files themselves.

I posted the following idea as a teaser. I believe the protocol would work. But could someone invent math to make it secure?

My odometer turned 10099 to 10100 to 10101; then 100999 to 101000 to 101001

An odometer is like a combination lock, Caesar Cipher, Pagoda, M209, Enigma Machine.

But what if the odometer was set to an equation. Different combinations of the cylinders is crackable. That was proven by history, I guess. It would be strong encryption with secret keys, but how would you ever share a private key for asymmetric encryption (public key)?

100899 100900 100901

But what if we took the one way asymmetric encryption and put it on its side.

The odometer would be a way. Instead of a public key Bob gives away an odometer in the form of an algorithm. He tells Alice to encipher he message by turning the algorithm (odometer) to encode the message with any key she turns into the odometer.

Bob has taken the time to substitute numbers along this odometer. For example number 10 on the odometer could be substituted with a 2. (This could be a substitution in numbers or revolutions.)

Eve only has access to the numbers that Alice encoded and a partial algorithm that is public. The key is unique and not symmetric because Alice picked a random key and only Bob knows the substitutions of the numbers on the odometer.

Will this equal public key protocol? I don’t yet have the math. I did not want to attach this to the Simple Yet Interesting post because the idea is nonsense. But reading it you should start to wonder if it is in fact possible. It may work but would need some math magic to make it strong against deciphering.

I’m quite serious about a one way ticket function where the public key is built into the public encryption algorithm. The idea would solve key distribution and add security. You could say that Eve the attacker could just reverse what Alice chose to encipher but it is more secure than that.

Alice would encipher the message with any random key and these random numbers would have substitutions and super positions only Bob knows.

Alice would encipher her message according to her own random key but the algorithm would encipher the text before it was returned to Bob.

I know that it sounds like a possible protocol but as far as I know no one has tried it yet. Which could be because it doesn’t work. Is this how cryptocurrency works? Is this how bitcoin is traded anonymously? I don’t know how the ledger works. But a system like this gives most of the power to Bob.