What does light feel about its motion?

Munim

50 minutes ago, Munim said:

What is the nature of the motion of light with respect to itself

Without any reference, like air resistance, ir points passed, such as empty space, would you feel motion or displacement ?

I assume it feels a little stressed from the stress-energy-momentum tensor forcing it to change its path through curved space-time around massive bodies.
Bad pun ??

1 hour ago, Munim said:

What is the nature of the motion of light with respect to itself? Does it experience time and displacement? 

In theory it does not experience time (time dilation -> ∞ as v -> c).

Absent any sense of time, it seems to me that "experience" has no meaning. 

Edited by exchemist

1 hour ago, exchemist said:

In theory it does not experience time (time dilation -> ∞ as v -> c).

Absent any sense of time, it seems to me that "experience" has no meaning. 

It’s undefined. You can’t use the Lorentz transform to shift between an inertial frame and that of a photon, and back.

1 hour ago, MigL said:

Without any reference, like air resistance, ir points passed, such as empty space, would you feel motion or displacement ?

I assume it feels a little stressed from the stress-energy-momentum tensor forcing it to change its path through curved space-time around massive bodies.
Bad pun ??

Would  it rather see the world moving (jiggling) and itself just traveling in a "straight  line"?

Would it experience the alternating magnetic/electric fields or do they disappear  in its "own frame"?