Cat Astrophe - person rejects professional vet assistance, asks me

TheVat

I've been asked to help save a mauled cat (stable ATM - I've cleaned and debrided the wound with saline, cleared back some pelt, and applied vetericyn as a hydrogel over the gaping wounds - she's now sleeping and doesn't seem febrile).  The veterinary option doesn't work for the cat's owner, and I have enough basic medic skills that I offered (reluctantly) to do what I can.  Two big openings which suggest canine upper and lower jaws coming in and ripping out some hunks.  Looks like the visceral peritoneum is intact, with skin and fascia torn away.  Emough missing that it would need either a very tensioned purse string suture or some kind of graft (clearly beyond me).  There's a whiff of infection, so I want to leave it open for now.

What is hard to tell is if there's any suture pattern that will really close things up and not rip when she moves.  The alternative is "healing by secondary intention," where wound stays open and collagen fibers start to grow over and form scar tissue.  This will leave bald spots prominent