Schrodingers cat keeps meowing

rebeldog

Supposing we put the Schrodingers experiment on a space ship and sent it of with the crew at 99-9% of c. Suppose that the box could be observed from earth by an inteligent robot. After an hour for the box and the comparible years on earth for the robot, the crew open the box to collapse the probability and see one state for the cat. Now for the robot years have passed before the box was opened. This means for the robot the time of probability collapse was different from the crew. Imagine now thousands of robots in different locations in the universe observe the probability collapse at varying times. Because the space ship travels below c all the robots will eventualy see the probability collapse. Imagine for a moment if it was possible for the space ship to travel faster than light. Surely then no robots will ever see the probability collapse and then the cat, for an observing robot, would remain in an infinate state of superposition.

Does anyone know the answers or am I mad asking it.

I should imagine that since we`ve given up C as being a constant in your argument, then all rules would be out the window, and the cat would be seen, but at a greater time lag depending on how fast beyond C they traveled at.

I could be wrong here, but wasn`t Schrodingers point more rellated to philosophy? more specific "existentialism"(sp?).

a bit like if a tree falls in the woods and there`s no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

(I could be wrong, but that`s what I got from it)