Can they take your house away from you?

oldtobor

I live in the US. I make only 1,200 dollars a month (I work in a small company) no health insurance but I own a small 2 bedroom house where I live. I get sick and have to stay 2 weeks in a hospital, then after I get home they charge me 100,000 dollars. I can't pay, can they take my home away from me ?

3 possibilites:

1) I go to jail, but I think US laws says I can't for debt

2) I can make a deal with the hospital and only pay back 2 or 3 thousand dollars by a small monthly sum.

3) they take my house , get posession of my home

What do you all think happens ? This has always been a vague situation, does anyone know exactly what happens in these cases ? Thanks for any input.

Would I have to pay back the entire 100,000 dollars ? even with a 30 year loan that would be 300 dollars a month, I couldn't afford it at all, I am only making 1,200 dollars a month.

Have you taken any legal advice? Large organisations often make claims and demands which can be negotiated downward, but they know that many people won't get legal advice and will allow themselves to be bullied.

If you know your rights and let them know that then they will be much more likely to become reasonable.

I live in the US. I make only 1' date='200 dollars a month (I work in a small company) no health insurance but I own a small 2 bedroom house where I live. I get sick and have to stay 2 weeks in a hospital, then after I get home they charge me 100,000 dollars. I can't pay, can they take my home away from me ?

3 possibilites:

1) I go to jail, but I think US laws says I can't for debt

2) I can make a deal with the hospital and only pay back 2 or 3 thousand dollars by a small monthly sum.

3) they take my house , get posession of my home

What do you all think happens ? This has always been a vague situation, does anyone know exactly what happens in these cases ? Thanks for any input.

Would I have to pay back the entire 100,000 dollars ? even with a 30 year loan that would be 300 dollars a month, I couldn't afford it at all, I am only making 1,200 dollars a month.[/quote']they legally HAVE to treat you. if you can't pay, then you go to court. most of the time, if you really can't pay, the hospital loses money and the cost is put on to the other patients. that is why insurence and hopsital visits are so expensive.

well if they didn`t check on your ability to pay before hand, then they`re also at fault, but anyway, if worst comes to the worst, declare bankruptcy and get a court Administration Order, that way you only pay a percentage and in amounts that you can afford :)