Infrared or radio waves

The_Woz

Which would be better to track the movement of objects moveing over them. Radio sensors or infrared. Emitters on the floor and a sensor moveing across the room. Like a ball with a sensor in it. Infrared, I have read, can not pass through windows and walls because of its wave length. Does that mean it could not penitrate the material of the ball? Any insight on how radio sensors work and infrared emitters and sensors as well.

Which would be better to track the movement of objects moveing over them. Radio sensors or infrared. Emitters on the floor and a sensor moveing across the room. Like a ball with a sensor in it. Infrared, I have read, can not pass through windows and walls because of its wave length. Does that mean it could not penitrate the material of the ball? Any insight on how radio sensors work and infrared emitters and sensors as well.

Personally I would use inferred, but with detectors on the celing and then track the motion of the object by which beams are broken at any point.

Inferred photons have more energy than radio wave potons so are more penetrating. See:

http://praxis.pha.jhu.edu/pictures/emspec.gif

The shorter the wavelength the more energy. But the longer the wavelength the better at travelling long distances on the earth (for a number of reasons).

please state your intentions, this post is too vague at the very least, what application do you have in mind :confused: