why are speculation topics not on the Home page?

Daecon

I was just wondering why nothing from the speculation boards is ever displayed on the Home Page's recent posts listing.

I use the Home Page to quickly catch up on the most recent updates to the boards, but I've just realised that it dosn't give a true picture of which threads have been most recently contributed to...

I'd hazard a guess that many of the threads are not a particularly good advert for what SFN is about (as many new viewers will see the homepage first)...after all it is a science forum, and speculation in itself isn't the scientific method. Isn't Philosophy and Religion, Pseudoscience and Metaphysics left out from the home page as well...and General Discussion.

I usually access SFN from the forum index URL - because A: I like to browse, and B: there's many times where there's been a lot of activity and it's easy to miss some interesting topics if a thread has been left for a day or two...if your solely going by the latest posts anyway.

I access from the index page too.

The blue buttons on the left show which sub forums have had a post in them since I was last here (Lit= New Post.) and it shows the topic in each forum most recently replied to.

I like it as a system.