Did the White House cover up the Cheney hunting incident?

Pangloss

So I'm thinking this poor old guy took some buckshot in the face to take attention away from the war budget this year (which is a direct result of how diplomatically inept this administration is) in a sort of a Wag the Dog type move. Any thoughts?

I can see how it's doing that... after all, we have already devoted 3 pages of thread to discussing this topic, despite the fact that I feel that's its a "non-issue."

Is this the media's fault, or our own?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. So the media are making us talk about this? What, with mind control rays?

No, it's just they're focusing on this because it's funny like when a clown dies and there are very few numbers involved. I'm talking about it because I think this White House is using it for a little vacation. I heard the Katrina report either came out or is coming out right? That won't be a good time for them. So, naturally, they shot a 78 year old man to get a little space. It fits the profile.

I guess all that matters to some people is that Cheney "take responsibility". I've seen reality shows[/i'] that were less vapid and senseless.

I prefer self-recognition of error to stubborn persistence in articulating the value of error (or rather, rearticulating the mistaken reasoning behind an error). Admitting your mistakes is the first step towards solving the problems they've caused. If you can't admit you made a mistake, the problems persist.

Not that Cheney really had any other choice. If he got out there all "It's not my fault, that idiot walked into my line of fire!" the press would've crucified him.

I prefer self-recognition of error to stubborn persistence in articulating the value of error (or rather, rearticulating the mistaken reasoning behind an error). Admitting your mistakes is the first step towards solving the problems they've caused. If you can't admit you made a mistake, the problems persist.

That's assuming that he actually made a mistake. I don't know if he did or not, but it seems clear to me that he was going to make that statement even if what actually happened was that Bill Clinton ran in from a nearby glade, grabbed the gun, and pulled the trigger. That statement was about politics, not apologies.

Not that Cheney really had any other choice. If he got out there all "It's not my fault, that idiot walked into my line of fire!" the press would've crucified him.

Exactly.

Oh well, I've said my peace on it. No point in belaboring the issue. :)