A few basic questions about the electromagnetic spectrum.

Hi. does anyone know what the problems produced by the limited range of the electromagnetic spectrum avaliable for communication purposes?

Also, What are the types of communication data that are stored in transmitted in digital form?

It would also be helpful if you could give me some links related to those two questions.

Thanks in advance.

im lead to beleive that there are no limits to the range of electromagnetic spectrum we can use for communication.

Radio is used for well,,,,,,radio- longer wavelengths for emergency communication as they get shorter they are used for FM radio.

light is used in fibre optics

Microwaves are used in mobile(cell for the americans) phone communication.

as you get to the shorter wavelengths, i think that they are used more for stellar communication. not only that, but they come into medical use also.

sorry bout the other question, i could answer it, but im unsure and if im not totaly right i dont wanna be giving you inaccurate info.

The range that is often used for communcations is in the "radio wave" section of the spectrum, and the range we can easily create electronics for this is limited. The major limititng factor is creating electronics which had differentiate between small changes in frequency, creating a limit to the number of "bands" which can appear in a certain frequency range.

As for digital transmissions well it depends where you are. In the UK within the next 10 years or something all analogue TV signals are being turned off being replaced with digital transmitters...