so who in here likes the new 03 Cobras?

Adrian

Im thinking about purchasing one pretty soon...even though they are slow to my current car...

i ran a 03 Cobra with full exhaust and blower pulley the other day...he said he was making around 425RWHP...anyways we go from a 60 to 140 punch...had him by about 2 cars...and we went from a stop to like 130 and had a few cars on this guy...he had some DR's too! He said he runs a very low 12@114ish

My car - 99 Camaro Z28 3.23 Automatic with a Yank3600 Torque Convertor, 230/227 .591/.571 114 Cam, Port and Polished Heads, Headers and full exhaust and other misc boltons...im dynoing around 397RWHP...and i run a 11.6@119...

Im currently selling my car for 15grand...and planning on getting an 03 Cobra and putting a Kenne Bell Blower and all the goodies...or just getting a BMW M3...which one should I go for?!?!?

Anyways, any of you guys have any fast rides??

btw, here are some races that ive had in the past before my current setup(these races just had exhaust/intake) enjoy ;)

********* 8/11/03 Me(99 LS1) vs BULLIT

comin home from jury duty on 288 i spot a new bullit stang with the plate frame that reads "ever chased a mustang?" or something like that..well i get behind him then we get an opening...he guns it and so do i not intending to race, but to get next to him...i get next to him, honk and point forward because there is a lot of open space up in front...we manuever our selves to an open spot...i tell him to go on three...1...2...3...i go...then he doesnt go...now we are approaching a hil and he gets next to me and says "lets go at the bottom of the hill"...so we get down there and i motion for him to go first i see him downshift and guns it...and i go WOT at around 70MPH..i stay even with him till around 95 - 100 (damn a4) then i walked him hard by MANY lengths after that...i waited for him, gave him thumbs up but he didnt even look over...?

he should get a frame that says "every been spanked by an LS1?"

havent raced in a while

********* 6/20/03 Me(99 LS1) vs 5.0 Cobra

comin home down 288 south...just crusing and proudly displaying my "WANT SOME?" license plate frame when i see the familiar cat-eye headlights of a 5.0...he gets next to me..no room to run..so he points forward and we find a LONG stretch of road...i happen to see his license plate and it says "VENOMSS" or something like that...then i see that he has some guages on his pilar...so now im thinking to myself "oh crap...he must be running some boost"...so then we slow down to 60...i give the "lets go on 3 signal"...so i honk...1....2....3...and we go...we stay even for a while...then i gain 1/2 car...then he gains the ground back...then his car lost out of breath at 110 or so because i pulled my 1/2 car again...we went up to 130-ish when i finally had a good car or so on him...this was one NICE sounding 5.0(i love em)...anyways i ask him whats he got done to his car...then an unmarked lt1 cop pulls behind him and pulls him over...he saw the whole race.... i got lucky but feel bad for the guy :shrug: anyways, it was the best run ive had with a 5.0....definitly a strong car...pretty sure he had n20..but didnt hear a blower....

:thumbup: to the 5.0

********* 5/9/03 99-02 Cobra vs Me & 99 GT vs Me

was going 45 north with my friend and ttops off(one flew off by the way)...i see a newer looking cobra...he was weaving in and out of traffic but we caught up to him...we first went from 80MPH and he took a 1 - 2 car lead but he wasnt pulling on me after that(damn A4)...then i shutdown because of uncoming traffic...then we went from 60MPH(my A4 sweet spot) and instantly put 1 - 1/2 cars on him till round ~110 or so until we shut down...he stayed behind me the whole time :D At first I thought it was an 03 because I heard some whistling....i was kinda scared ;) he was a cool guy...he saw my "Mustang Eater" plates too...but he musta knew i had em on for "fun". we exchanged thumbs up and went on our way...

... second race was with a 99 3th ann GT with stickers and crap on his car...we went from a 60MPH roll he stayed even with me until I heard him shift again then his car started to get weak and I walked him(he musta hit 3rd because I heard they lose breath)...he had guages in his car and stuff and was with his girl...he saw my "Mustang Eater" plates and I guess he got mad or something because he gave me a dirty look....but anyways he gave me a much better run than the Cobra from 60!

my ttops were off the entire time...and its fuckin scary driving that fast with em...

anyways, it was a pretty good night..,wish my friend had his camcorder...

********* 5/8/03 1970 Camaro SS 350 (?) vs 1999 Camaro Z28

was heading come when i see a nice looking 1970ish Camaro SS with 350 badge...we were both turning left onto highway 6...i was hoping to catch a red light with him and then BOOM the next light turns yellow...then red! we are next to each other on a 3 lane road, no traffic in the front... i honk at him 2 times to get his attention he doesnt look...then i do a monster rev then he looks at me and just laughs and give me a "im gonna eat you alive" look! light turns green and he takes off...my tires hook while hes trying to catch traction...and i proceed to get a good 6 cars on him then I stopped....I slowed down for him to get next to me so i could chat with him but he just wouldnt get next to me :(

anways, it was a decent run...

i tried looking up the 1/4 times on these cars and non were found...im thinking a 14 second car??

********* 4/29/03 GS-T

was going to mcdonalds after getting my wheel stud replaced when i spot an eclipse gs-t w/exhaust...im right behind him at a red light...the light turns green and he takes off fast and i follow him...another light was approaching and lucky me it was red :D so we pull next to each other and signal if he wants to go and says yes...i looked in his car and he had some boost guages in there but didnt get to ask him how much he was pushing...anyways light turns green he takes 1/2 a car lead then i go WOT...i could feel my nittos barely spinning(they were cold)...then i get a good 5 car lead by around 75-80. then we slowed down and we had a long stretch of road ahead of us and we coulda done a 60MPH roll...but for some reason I didnt feel like running from a roll...anyways...gave the guy a thumbs up then went to McDee's to buy me a big breakfast :D

THE END

********* 4/25/03 BMW M3

after months of talking crap to each other we finally raced...this guy has a 1996 M3...he and some guys at work have been sayin that my car would get raped from a roll...he said that no way my car could hang with him in top-end. anyways here is what happend:

we each have a passenger in the car as witnesses...we first get on 45north and there isnt traffic...we get to around 60MPH and he goes...i let him get 1/2 car then i go WOT...i walk him till around 110 have 4-5 cars on him...we go again..same result. Then we get on the feeder and same speeds...same outcome...we pull into a gas station and he's saying "man you must have nitrous because your car is a fckin monster"..so now he says he can probably get me from a dead stop...so we return back to work and we catch a red light...i tell him to go first then i will follow...so light turns green and I let him get 1 - 1 1/2 cars on me...then i go WOT and my Nitto555R's did their work and passed him like a raped ape on ecstacy...i get a good 8+ cars on him to around 90MPH...we pulled into the parking lot and said that all he saw was my cars front end lift off when I went WOT behind him...he couldnt believe how bad i beat him...now he owns me $20 and said that he;s gonna take his car to the shop. I warned him that I could beat newer M3's by 4 lengths from a roll and about the same from a stop...but all he said was "that guy in the new M3 cant drive"...anyways...it was a fun race...and we will still keep on talking shit to each other

oh yea...on the way back home from work this prelude with a wing tried to race me...i gave him a good 3 car lead and proceeded to walk him 5+ cars...i shouldnt of even wasted my 93 on him.

********* 4/19/03 Cobra

Its around 12:30 am and im cruising home down 45 South at the usual 80MPH...then I spot some sort of SN95 model car with nice set of tires in the back...i get close and the see the Cobra emblem...so I throw a rev and he takes the bait. he gets next to me and outa no where he just guns it...so he has round 2 car lead and we come to a small bend on the highway...i ease on the throttle and get back on it when i pass up the bend and get around 1 car ahead of him...then again eases next to me and just guns it...i pass him with by a few cars and shutdown...we both are around 60MPH...he gets next to me and I tell him nice car(and it sounded bad-ass too)...i tell him that we'll go on 3...so i honk..1...2...3...then i dont know what happend...seemed like he didnt even go because I just put insta 5 or so cars on him....then i slow down and we are around 60MPH again...I yell "you go first" and he nods...he downshifts it and guns it...but this time I get around 3 or so lengths him by around 100...he exits and i continued back home. His car sounded amazing at WOT...even louder than other SN95 cobras that ive ran...but anyways, chalk another snake-kill for me :)

********* 4/13/03 Infinity G35

early this morning im heading towards autozone to buy some liquid glass...anways theres this G35 catching up to me...he gets next to me and i punch it for about 2 seconds...then we catch a red light

light turns green and he gets about a 2 car lead, i take my time to make sure i can get traction(tires suck) then i start pulling on him like a mofo...im now around 1/2 car infront at around 60MPH but then he brakes hard and just busts a hard left into a street! ugh....wish we coulda atleast run to around 110. I hate it when people just stop racing after 60MPH...thats not a fucking race, its a sprint. Prolly woulda been the same outcome like when i race 350z's. Anyways, that started my moring right

btw, i would have one of the G35's over the 350z anyday!

********* 4/12/03 Turbo Bird

comin down murphy road(stafford) i spot a bad-ass looking 1980 or so Firebird...he has some guages in the car and some shiny suspension parts underneath the car. anyways im at the red light and hes in the lane next to him, but there are cars infront of us...light turns green and his lane moves faster, so when he passes me i change lanes and get next to him. now we get infront of traffic and here we are all lined up(there was also a 5.0 next to us, but didnt even bother)...i honk and i tell him "lets go on 3" so he agrees...1...2...3..then i thought i heard a turbo or something but maybe it was just my imagination...anyways i pull on him really hard then just stop because theres no point in going while ur pulling away hard...i give a thumbs up...then he stays behind me...i was hoping we would catch a light to see his suspension at work..anyways it was a nice run...

********* 4/11/03 Harley

comin down hwy6 south, this bad-ass harley gets next to me and punches it around 60MPH...i follow and easily pass this guy up...then we catch a light :) i tell the guy that we should go from a 20 MPH roll because im gonna get no traction on my tires(im about ot replace them)..he says "i cant hear you!" damn hogs ;) anyways he tells me..."watch your speedo, we are gonna do a 1/4 mile race"...so i figure takin her up to around 110 or so...so he's revving the hog...i just wait patiently..the light turns green and BOOM he takes around 6 lengths instantly while im going easy, then once im around 25MPH i go WOT and my damn tires spin up to around 50 or so MPH...i finally get traction and catch up to him...im around 1 length behind and pulling, but he brakes, as do i and i see my speedo at around 110MPH...I give him a thumbs up and he nods, and just turns to another street...wish we coulda kept on going

damn i wish I had some tires...i woulda got him in the "1/4" mile race...i bet he was surprised that i caught up to him...and even more when i pulled on him hard from a roll. i thought that i was going to get raped since bikes are freakin fast...but now i looked up some times, and they are only 14sec bikes! anyways, it was a bad-ass run...

I had a supercharged Saleen and I ended up trading it in for a Mercedes C32. I loved the Saleen, and thought about trading it in for the new SVT Cobra, but ultimately I decided I needed something with 4 doors. The C32 is an AMG, and actually performs on par with (if not better than) the Saleen, so I went with that. I would have gone with the Cobra over an M3 though.

As far as you beating the new Cobra in your Z....that guy probably didn't know how to drive. Your car sounds tight but the new Cobra is a beast.