So does anyone here have any idea what "Mulholland Drive" was about?

Guest caTASHtrophe

Guest caTASHtrophe

I watched the film close to a year ago (only seen it once) and too this day i don't have the slightest idea what was going on.

All i remember is half way through the film it flipped and went crazy.

Any ideas.

David Lynch is a bit odd. Hence his flims are a bit odd too. Twin Peaks actually gave me weird chills watching it, it was that near to insanity and to being crazy myself. The Mulholland Drive film is quite simple

Spoiler:-

The main character (Diane) has arranged for someone to kill her girlfriend, and the second half of the film is her reminiscing about what led to this point before she kills herself. Because she is a ‘hollywood starlet’ the reminiscing in her head is in the style of a film. A flashback, in the style of a film in a reality, within a real film. Simply put, the film is just David Lynch mocking Hollywood and the film making industry. This also includes the people who watch the films (well, you), hence the confusion and in references to stereotypes etc.

And that's about it. He's messing with your mind, run away!