Piezoelectricity

reor

Wikipedia covers much of it.

There is a nice page here about electrostatics experiments with a regular pieoelectric lighter.

If you search for 'Rochelle salt' you should also find interesting instructions on how to make your own piezoelectric crystals. I find the best (and by that I mean most enjoyable) way to learn about these things is first hand.

If you're in the mood for somethign a little stronger, and a lot pricier, Amazon has a wide selection:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0387235736/qid=1147475507/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_0_3/026-0359138-2625269

Thanks, 314159. And to all those google-fanatics: STFU! (Silence Thar, Frivolous Unbeliever!) How do you think I ended up here? ;) All I'm asking for is some concentrated knowledge and not alot of random facts cluttered along the cyberspace infinities.

I'll make other threads about inventions and theories involving piezoelectric technologies and wanted this thread as a guide and faq.