Directed Energy Weapons

Dr. Dalek

I was reading about Directed Energy Weapons on Wikipedia and I came across this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARAUDER

I find it interesting, it seems to be talking about a Plasma weapon with anti-aircraft potential. However I can't find much information about it on the websites the article cites or on the web in general.

Does anyone here know about this MARAUDER project?

Interesting. I've been noticing the amount of projects of directed weapons the U.S. Government has been supporting. However, not many people are talking about these things.

This would be the first time I've learned about the marauder project. I looked at the description and the weapon's details and spatial being formatted into my mind. I looked at some details linking through Wikipedia, and this seems like the type of sci-fi weapon I haven't seen in a while.

Last possible anti-aircraft thing I learned about was the Tesla version of a lightning cannon/gun the U.S. was creating to control large groups of rioters. However, any intelligent person knows the true capability of such a weapon... and its original intention.

I'll give you links to some people that may know more.

I don't like to talk about weapons on this site; the admins and mods don't seem to be very accepting of it.