Can stars be a very large form of neural nets

Neurocomp2003

i would agree with dave. It could probably be done -- at least we could turn them into the best approximation we have, a computer.

However, where would this get us? I seems like a bad idea to build a computer where the fastest comunication bewteen to nodes (the two closetst stars) would be on the order of years!

At least that is my thoughts, though i admit i am quite ignorant on this subject, and could easily be missing the whole point (or even be entirerly wrong)

Neurocomp2003 said in post #1 :

Just outta curiosity do you think

that man can ever develop a huge neural net based

on stars or other spacial phenomas....perhaps by building large

face plates to direct the intensity of light in a certain direction

No.

Blunt and to the point there YT :P

I don't really think it's a very useful neural net, possibly feasible if you could find some way for it to fit inside the definition.

But since neural nets are supposed to emulate neurons the brain, it's not a very lifelike approach.

It would be the slowest neural net in the universe, and therefore of no practical uses.

However if humans were travelling between the star systems, they would be moving information, which you could argue might make the routes a neural net by definition.