UKTV Documentary, hacked?

ed84c

So; I was watching UKTV documentary last night; Have I Got News for you is on, with Elton John and Janet Street Porter.

Anyway. At the bottom of the screen when the camera pulls out cmes this writing, in a font similar to Times NR (one after another);

"For Eltons Taxis ring (077189) 343264."

"They won't let you down."

"Unlike Ray."

"Bastard."

Wierd. Now this came up twice during the show, when the camera pulled back, obviously not subtitles as they never said that, the font, and they wouldnt say something like that on the show.

Finally at the end of the show, the camera pulls back and a message springs up;

"Next week; Britney Spears and Prince Philip"

Which seems to be a joke refering to the host of Quiz shows saying whos on next week.

Anybody any info on this? I assume that nobody can "hack" into the computers and do that from home, but could a disgruntled worker be cocking about with it?

Was very spooky.

it`s not IMpossible to hack something like that, but the messages sent would hardly warrent the time and effort (and equipment needed) to do it.

I`de go with the disgruntled worker scenario.

OR a little bit of In-House fun that accidently got caught and transmit.

was this the one where elton john was supposed to turn up, but pulled out at the last second, without giving a reason? iirc, they got a look-a-like and spent the show taking the piss out of elton, but -- I think -- it turned out that elton didn't show because one of his friends had died just before the show, so they ended up appologising and never re-running that show.

well, dunno about the last bit, but found this on wp:

----wikipedia: have i got news for you----------------------------

When Sir Elton John failed to appear as billed in 2001, he was replaced by a "look-alike" called Ray Johnson (apparently a taxi driver) who made very little verbal contribution. Each time the scores were recapped, captions appeared on the screen, advertising, praising or saying something about Ray, whilst at the same time, saying something derogatory about Elton, for example, how Ray would never let anyone down, "unlike Elton. Bastard." Ray was credited as Ray "Elton John" son.

--------------/ wikipedia----------------------------------------------------