I have transubstantiated from proletariat to bourgeoisie

bascule

And doesn't it feel good...

I can't help but to be amused by the fact you can see "transubstantiated" in the name of a thread on the main page and automatically know who started the OP.

So whats the deal - do you no longer work for a living?

owning rental property can sometimes bourgeoissify a person's outlook, when the ownership first happens to them.

living from investments, from what you own, rather than from your daily labor as a hireling, used to be the big divide between the prole and the burgie. or am I mistaken?

anyway what have you done, bascule. are you a manager at work now?

But, if he's Bourgeoisie now, that means he's rich even he doesn't work. How can that not feel good? :confused:

You still put in hours, just in trade or property management etc...and if it has an exploitive angle then naturally it can be not so good. Of course its all wild speculation - and since we started wildly speculating, I'll bet the transubstantiation is the result of becoming some heiress's new pet. ;)

You still put in hours, just in trade or property management etc...and if it has an exploitive angle then naturally it can be not so good. Of course its all wild speculation - and since we started wildly speculating, I'll bet the transubstantiation is the result of becoming some heiress's new pet. ;)

But your profit isn't proportional to the work you put into it. In fact, you can just hire someone to manage it for you. [/Adam Smith]

I was of the understanding that Bourgeoisie is just middle class, well-enough payed and comfortable but workin' for a livin'.

Depends what definition you go by I suppose. Wikipedia defines it as "the ruling class in a capatilist society"

Haha, guess I was far too vague. I was using bourgeoisie in the original sense of being a land owner.

didn't say it, but I guessed it was buying a house!

and that the reason it didnt feel so good was maybe the bank-loan.

(hope that if there is a loan it is not too bad)

maybe you don't get that real solid bourgie feeling until the mortgage is paid off

==========

so which is it, just land or a house too?

so he did!

so the question for discussion was "Doesn't it feel good?"

that clears things up considerably:-)

to reply, bascule, YES I expect it does feel good!

I'm guessing you now have some land in a beautiful place.

does it have water?

what's the access like? all-season?

do you see mostly mountains from there?

if youre going to go bourgie, this seems a good way to do it!

Haha, guess I was far too vague. I was using bourgeoisie in the original sense of being a land owner.

Well damn I had a lexdisc moment and thought you said it "doesn't" feel good. :D

Being a landowner is one thing to feel good about - in Boulder where god knows what % of the population commutes from Denver burbs to work because of the inflated housing costs (was last there 5 years ago, are they still way high?) - thats gotta feel pretty damn good.

Congrats