something really cool but I want to ask a question before I mention it...

padren

Hey everyone, I am exceptionally excited right now - my business partner and I launched our first fully automated internet based service website :D

Its for graphic designers and basically lets people build presentations online and CD-ROMs easily, and its really exciting but I don't want to post the URL in case I'd be breaking spam rules. I am not trying to push it here of course I just want to do a little happy-dance and share a really cool milestone that I got to experience.

Would it be in bad taste to share the URL so people could look at it?

as far as I`m concerned you`re a reasonably regular poster here and Obviously not Spamvertising, so Yes, I think it would be nice to see what you`ve done :)

www.minipublish.com

Its pretty much a system where you can create a book (that looks like in the demo link) which takes images you upload, crunches them on the server, and drops them into a dynamic flash presentation, a PDF document, and a zip archive that you can download to build auto-run CD-ROMs of the book.

People also get a web address (not a domain name, but can choose their own minipublish.com/somenamehere type deal) and can copy/paste a line of <iframe> code to embed it in their own site if they have one.

Its the first time either of us has built a national web based system that wasn't a by-the-hour contract deal for someone else, and I am really hoping we can transition from "contract labor" to "business system owners" (or whatever term you want to call it)

Bourgeoisie transubstantiations are fun :D

And if anyone has any comments on the site I really do appreciate the feedback, I've been living on 4 hrs sleep a night this week so I can't really tell what it looks like anymore. ;)

That's pretty neat. It's simple but elegant. And it's an idea I've never heard of before. I especially like the page flipping thing you can do with your mouse. You must have done some fancy programming for that.

I wrote the overwhelming majority of the web site, however there are several components in it written by others, namely the web-based audio recorder and video transcoding system.

And yes, this is what I've been doing professionally for the past 6 months.