Red Savina

Royston

Couldn't find anything through google (that specifically answers this) for some reason, very simple question, my red savina chili plant has been flowering for nearly two weeks now, does anybody know when it'll start bearing chilies...yes, I'm being impatient.

erm.... what Country you living in?

if you`re close to the equator or Southern hemisphere then you can expect Fruit beginings as soon as the flowers begin to die off, give them Plenty of Potassium feed though.

if you`re Unlucky and live in the Northern hemisphere and far from the equator (such as the UK for example) ROFLOL, No chance! you`ve left it Far too late :P

if you`re Unlucky and live in the Northern hemisphere and far from the equator (such as the UK for example) ROFLOL, No chance! you`ve left it Far too late :P

b*gger, it was a late b'day present...and the weather has only just started getting cooler, pitiful timing...ho hum.

well if you`re prepared to put in the same work that Ganja growers do, then yes, you can grow this over winter, infact most capsicums are perenial, and need not ever die at all. it`s only the climate here and light times that prevent it happening.

Well we have some hydroponics equipment lying around in the garage, but it is only one small plant, so I'll keep it going and wait till next year...if I decide to buy some more chili plants, I'll set the equipment up. Thanks for the advice.

in that case all you`ll need is a timer switch and the right bulbs, keep it indoors in the warm (try not to let it drop below 16c) and you Should be able to over-winter it nicely! :)

I`ve got 2 in the Lab that I`m trying to over-winter here, if they make it, I`ll have some real Monster plants to put in my greenhouse next spring :)

also, just send me a PM closer to the time, and you`ll have all the seeds you want ;)