TV kills the art of conversation

craigs mum

I've had some pretty intense conversations and even debates about shows, ranging from what might come next, what something in the show might have meant or will lead to, the science of it, how it might have been better written, trying to unravel the ongoing mystery as the show unfolds and twists about.

Television can provide some pretty good mind-excercises as long as you don't let it be the only thing you have anytthing to talk about. And that goes for everything. If you're a physicist, don't let physics be all you talk about. A preacher? Ditch God every once in a while and talk about an episode of Jerry Springer you loved. You love your kids? That's great, now talk about something else dammit.

:edit:

Computers though... they're like portals through which you can explore the world and all the knowledge compiled within it (even if half of it's crap). Brilliant and versatile tools, media centers and even social platforms... no surprise that the weak get hooked.

My wife and I don't have a T.V. Not many people can say that. I watched lot's of T.V when I was in High school. I don't really miss it at all, there are so many other things to do I don't know how I would have time to watch. My wife and I play games, dice (10000) is our fav. I don't think we can hold a conversation any better than our friends though.

Nic