Peta

blackhole123

Shoppers at upscale U.S. menswear and accessory store Jack Spade in Manhattan's trendy SoHo district were hopping mad to see frog dissection kits selling alongside $775 leather file cases and $145 Italian calfskin passport holders.

Where do these shoppers think the leather file cases and calfskin passport holders come from? Plants? The disection kit is honest. The complainants that came looking for leather goodies for Christmas are hypocrits.

my god who would pay $145 for a passport holder? jeez. and HOW MUCH for a file case, this el cheapo plastic one i've got my assignments in cost 25p and has been serving me well for 4 years now. these people have too much money and their wealth should be evenly distributed to me. okay, okay, the rest of this forum as well except stu. he still owes me a sandwich.

What a terrible reaction.

Frog dissection was invaluable to me in my understanding of biology. It was not my first exposure to the internal organs of an animal, but it was my first opportunity to go through the dismantling of an animal in order to observe and learn its precise internal structure.

I do not believe frogs should be afforded moral status. PETA should be far more concerned with the mammal-derived products being sold in the store, rather than a legitimate biological teaching tool.

I was discussing cadavers with some scientists a while back on a different forum. I asked them how it could be possible for me to find animals and disect them, perhaps mice I suggested. Many of them thought of me as creepy and immoral.

Yet I was primarily interested in disecting humans. I think I would have to hold a Ph.D, however, to actually obtain a human cadaver.

Eh.

I have many mice in my kitchen stove. Perhaps I could capture one, disect it, open its skull, and examine its brain. I wonder if a typical 9-volt can be used to galvanize motor function. Maybe such a thing would create more voltage; therefore, I would have to link the batteries in a series. Hmm...

What a terrible reaction.

Frog dissection was invaluable to me in my understanding of biology. It was not my first exposure to the internal organs of an animal, but it was my first opportunity to go through the dismantling of an animal in order to observe and learn its precise internal structure.

I do not believe frogs should be afforded moral status. PETA should be far more concerned with the mammal-derived products being sold in the store, rather than a legitimate biological teaching tool.

i dunno...

i'm definately not an animal-rights nazi, but i do think we should be cautious with how easy we are with their lifes.

whilst i'd personally refuse to do so, disecting frogs in class is a valuable teaching-aid to train biologists. selling dead frogs in boxes is not. i doubt that much learning will result from their deaths, so imo the frog-in-a-box is wasteful of animal life.

genecks its not a whole animal, but you can get a, say, sheep's heart in a butchers. hearts are interesting to disect imo, and you can eat it afterwards :)