Death and the "Electric" Soul

ParanoiA

I've always thought of the soul as an electrical signature. With death comes the termination of electrical activity in our bodies. What I've been trying to figure out then, is what would happen to your electrical self, if that is true.

Would it be that without an organic interface into this temporal existence that we would no longer be traveling through time? And neither through space? Could we all then exist with other "souls" in the same reference frame, regardless of when we died?

Or would we just blend in with the rest of electromagnetic energy? combined with others as a collective?

Or something else...?

the electricity in us doesnt go away when we die, it gets dispersed over time as the body decays and goes on to other places like feeding worms and trees or given off as heat and CO2 when incinerated etc...

the particular configuration is the only thing that changes when you die, an Error occurs that precludes life, after that it just cascades back into decay.

the electricity in us doesnt go away when we die, it gets dispersed over time as the body decays and goes on to other places like feeding worms and trees or given off as heat and CO2 when incinerated etc...

the particular configuration is the only thing that changes when you die, an Error occurs that precludes life, after that it just cascades back into decay.

Well that's not any fun at all. Couldn't you at least add some zang to it?

I've always thought of the soul as an electrical signature. With death comes the termination of electrical activity in our bodies. What I've been trying to figure out then, is what would happen to your electrical self, if that is true.

This is highly speculatively on my part, but I would think that what we are calling 'our' soul would be more akin to a shiver of 'time/space glass' and not electrical at all.

I would further speculate that this 'shiver' comes directly from our Creator and when we are in a dream state goes back to whense it came and does a 'core dump' of what would otherwise be a sensory data overload of our last waking period. Thus not only would we be carrying a miniture reflection of our Creator during our waking hours, our Creator could be keeping track of our individual and collective activity without direct observation, because, as our physicists are finding out, direct observations of interactions effect their outcome.

aguy2(amen)

It's very unscientific to take a very poorly defined concept like "soul" with no evidence what-so-ever and attempt to define it with other evidence.

Science works the other way arround. You start with some peice of evidence; some fact to make you think that way.

In science you take observations/ evidence and then create a word to encompass these discoveries. Not the other way around.

Soul is a religious/spiritual concept that needs to be taken on faith to believe. It is thus futile to satisfy lack of, or questioning of faith in the concept of soul by rationalizing other concepts (like electricity) as a possible explaination.

If one was to discover that there is some of residual electrical pattern/signature unique to the individual that is observable post mortem it wouldn't be proof for a soul. It would need it's own term to define it such as unique postmortem electrical signature (UPES). Not that it's possible since it would fly in the face of the concept of Entropy.

This is highly speculatively on my part, but I would think that what we are calling 'our' soul would be more akin to a shiver of 'time/space glass' and not electrical at all.

I would further speculate that this 'shiver' comes directly from our Creator and when we are in a dream state goes back to whense it came and does a 'core dump' of what would otherwise be a sensory data overload of our last waking period. Thus not only would we be carrying a miniture reflection of our Creator during our waking hours, our Creator could be keeping track of our individual and collective activity without direct observation, because, as our physicists are finding out, direct observations of interactions effect their outcome.

aguy2(amen)

That's interesting. I like that idea. That would explain the strangeness of dreams and you could go some interesting directions with the different levels of sleep, in reference to your brainwave activity.

Soul is a religious/spiritual concept that needs to be taken on faith to believe. It is thus futile to satisfy lack of' date=' or questioning of faith in the concept of soul by rationalizing other concepts (like electricity) as a possible explaination.

If one was to discover that there is some of residual electrical pattern/signature unique to the individual that is observable post mortem it wouldn't be proof for a soul. It would need it's own term to define it such as unique postmortem electrical signature (UPES). Not that it's possible since it would fly in the face of the concept of Entropy.[/quote']

This came about, for me anyway, after a discussion with Snail and others on a blastocyst being a human being or not. Several posters seemed to agree that a being must have a "soul" - as loosely defined as whatever "you" are when you strip away the tissue, organs, chemicals, the physiological parts that make you.

I was actually somewhat surprised that any scientifically driven person would actually believe in such concepts, particularly enough so that they would drive lines and partitions into their logic with it - that a human wasn't a being until it had this "soul".

Well, in looking at that, I got to wondering about the energy contained in us - which I realize is not just electrical energy, but that's the one I focused on.

I began to ponder the idea that perhaps our mass contributes the physiological self, while our energy contributes the "soul" self. The energy, in this case, being the electricity. But there's also heat energy. And I'll bet you all know alot of other kinds of energy going on within humans. So, really, I would need to incorporate all of the forms of energy we contain under this speculation.

Oh, and I apologize for putting this in "Speculation", it should have been in "Pseudoscience". I know better than that, I don't know why I started this thread in here.