Oh yea....

ydoaPs

Ooo, buttons!

After school,(four years of college math, physics, and chemistry condensed into less than a year) I will go to prototype not too far from NNPTC. There, I will basically practice doing my job and do my qualifications(I'll have to do them all again once I go to a ship). My job isn't even pushing buttons.....I'm a MM......We let the dice chuckers push buttons.

swansont, do you have any tips for survival? You used to be an instructor, right? I wonder if it was the one at Disney World...

Yes, I was an instructor when it was in Orlando. I understand the staffing profile has changed; there used to be officers, trained in the subject matter but not nuke-qualifed, teaching the first-half subjects, and some of the second half ones. I get the impression there are a lot more PO's and CPO's that have done a tour at sea teaching those subjects now.

Don't procrastinate. There's never enough time (Hofstader's law: it always takes you longer than you think, even taking into account Hofstader's law) and if you get behind it's doubly hard to catch up. Friday afternoon is the worst time to realize you need a signature for a study hour help session, if you are in that situation.