Travelling back in time.. whilst living in a simulation.

If you don't know how sets will apply, me rephrasing the comment won't help.

I'm all for discussing topics like this and offer my views, extra information etc, but I'm not going to sit here all day and teach you (well, anyone) about things like sets, or how to think critically.

You also asked me to rephrase "Exactly what is it you think I'm saying? I'm getting pretty sick of having the actual structure of an argument ignored or misdirected".

Seeing as the part I quoted directly before that was the pertinent part of your post it doesn't really look like that much of a crazy question. The part where you described what I seemed to be opposed to (and thereafter) didn't seem to sit well with what I'd actually said in the thread, hence me checking if you and I are talking about the same things.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@alt_f13...You seem to think that this simulation would run from the big bang, all of the way till today. You said that we are most likely on the brink of extinction because we will soon be able to recognise that we are in a simulation. Therefore the simulation will be turned off. It is more likely that we were deliberately put in the simulation at this time so that when we die, and become part of the outside world, we will understand that world better. If it is so advanced, they wouldn't want a caveman wandering around out there.

Pincho.