Funny debate

bascule

So I spent a long night talking to a relatively smart new ager (who's smart enough to realize a lot of new age crap is total bunk) about various topics, including Earth's climate system and all the feedback loops it contains, as well as the carbon cycle and how the amount of carbon locked up in various phases of matter impacts the global temperature (e.g. widespread conversion from carbon compounds in solid and liquid form are causing temperature increases)

At one point he started talking about how plants respond to human behavior, and sort of perk up when people are having sex. I said I didn't believe it, and that while plants are full of chemical feedback loops which allow them to exhibit various behaviors (e.g. heliotropism, geotropism, thigmatropism), none of them would respond to any sort of metaphysical human behavioral energy field.

It was after that he offered an alternative hypothesis: perhaps people breathing out a lot of CO2 during sex is what causes the plant to perk up. Now there's a hypothesis I can actually entertain.

Any evidence of that one?